Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Sad day for DD#3

Posted by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 3:58 AM
  • 9 Replies

So - last Sept we packed up our family and moved half-way around the world.

DD#3 made fast-friends with a girl in town...VERY sweet girl.  They have become very close - sleepovers, hanging out all the time, etc.  A few months ago, the girl announced that her family was putting her in boarding school starting this year (9th grade).  A short time later we found out that the family is also moving out of town...so even when the girl goes home, she won't be coming here.  

Today is their moving day.  The friend came over here last night and the girls were out around town until midnight, then the friend spent the night. DD is over at their house right now saying good-bye as they get ready to head out of town.  :-(   Poor DD, another sad day for her.

*UPDATE*

DD is back home - her friend and family have now left.  DD is hiding in her room and doesn't want to be bothered right now.  Hopefully things will improve over the next few days for her.  She has orientation at school tomorrow morning and school starts next week - so she will be back in a routine soon.  Poor kid - she looks so down right now.  :-(

by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 3:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
SMTCMMoore
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 6:29 AM
Poor girl :(

I hope the routine helps her. Such a tough part of life.
jdy9440
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 6:33 AM

That is hard, I feel for her. 

fivegirls333
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 6:49 AM

i am so sorry she is sad right now but here is the ray of hope.  they will both be going through high school bs and have each other (they can skype daily if they want!) and they never have to worry about any issues between the two of them.  i bet they end up "forever besties" and after school they will be friends forever.  distance doesn't seem to mean as much in today's world.  maybe they will both end up at the same ivy league college!...or meet up in paris for an art class!

TableforSeven
by Judy on Aug. 20, 2013 at 6:52 AM

Where we live they are more likely to end up doing the same Army service.  But, I definitely agree - I don't think they will lose touch too quickly and weekends where the friend wants to not be on campus, she is always welcome to come here.  :-)

Quoting fivegirls333:

i am so sorry she is sad right now but here is the ray of hope.  they will both be going through high school bs and have each other (they can skype daily if they want!) and they never have to worry about any issues between the two of them.  i bet they end up "forever besties" and after school they will be friends forever.  distance doesn't seem to mean as much in today's world.  maybe they will both end up at the same ivy league college!...or meet up in paris for an art class!

.Peaches.
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 7:39 AM

Its always tough losing a best friend, no matter the age, but especially hard for children, because there's just so much they don't understand.

Maybe school will be just what she needs to get her mind off of it. Have her and her friend become pen pals and write each other- I did that with a few friends who moved away when I was younger.

catevincesmom
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 8:33 AM

oh no.  :-(  Good luck to her.  :-(  Poor girl

momof3inTN
by Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 8:38 AM

(HUGS) to your dd. Hopefully getting into a routine with school will help her get past her friend moving and they can keep in touch and visit.

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Aug. 20, 2013 at 9:05 AM

That really stinks =(

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Aug. 20, 2013 at 10:41 AM

Hugs~ that's hard.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)