Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

First time mum!

Posted by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 7:27 PM
  • 11 Replies

I am in my mid 30's and i hv 6 month old baby girl.She is my center of universe.WIthout her i cant imagine my life.
Before i was married i was very active and i use to feel good about  myself and had confidence in myself but after i became mum i realised that i dont give attention to myself.I am stay home mum.I cook,clean,take care of husband and baby and in that process i forgot to take care of myself and i know i hv put on 20 lb.Before marriage i was 127lb and now i am 150lb.

These days i dont feel sexy about myself.Even my husband tells me that i hv become fat.But for me food is a weak point.I love to eat a lot.Especially junk food and i love chinese food.

I dont know if there is any other mum who feels like me or i am the only one who feels this way. 

by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 7:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Aug. 20, 2013 at 7:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Hello and welcome!  I'm sure you're not alone in feeling that way, but for the record, I don't think you look fat.  It takes a lot of women a year or longer to get back to their pre-pregnancy weight.

Cafe Kelly
by Head Admin on Aug. 21, 2013 at 10:07 AM
1 mom liked this

Hello and welcome!

After having my kids I always tried to keep in mind that it took 9 months to gain the weight so it would take at least that to lose it.

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Aug. 21, 2013 at 11:31 AM
This exactly! :) Your baby is adorable. :)

Quoting lalasmama2007:

Hello and welcome!  I'm sure you're not alone in feeling that way, but for the record, I don't think you look fat.  It takes a lot of women a year or longer to get back to their pre-pregnancy weight.

channahm
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 12:01 PM

Believe me you are not alone in this! Right after I had my little one, my husband kept telling me that I had to loose weight! And like you, I like to eat! I am a stay at home mom too! And yes, you do have to think about that it took you 9 months to gain the weight and yes it will take you 9 months or more to loose it. I am still struggling with my weight now. Though I have been drinking homemade gingerroot water. Which I read it eliminates belly fat,gives you more energy,reduces appetite,detoxes, among other stuff. But, you will loose that weight, don't you worry and if you are breastfeeding, then believe you will loose it. And do not listen to your husband when he tells you that you are fat! I told my husband that, him telling me that I am overweight, does not help me, it makes me more anxious and therefore want to eat more. So now, I am loosing weight, slowly but I am :) But you do loose the baby weight easily when you are breastfeeding! :) I couldn't breastfeed my little one! Hopefully I will, with the next one! :)

SallyB_LMT
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 2:59 PM

You are not alone.  I have gained 30 lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight, with my first.  4 kids later and I hardly have time to care.  But, I joined a gym...which in of itself is not making me skinnier.  I guess you actually have to go if you want to get the benefit...lol  I don't particularly love to eat, but I am not fond of cooking, so we tend to eat convenience food often which means it's not as good for us and I snack when I'm bored which is a terrible habit.  I understand your frustration. 

CountryGrlAtHrt
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 7:22 PM

Welcome to Cafemom and your little girl is so cute,babies are precious,my kids are not babies anymore :-(. coming from an overweight person,You are NOT overweight,I used to weigh 293 lbs I now weigh 251,I am loosing weight for myself not for anyone else,please do not let people call You fat,I have had relatives call me fat before I used to cry over it,then I realized if they have a problem with me it's their problem not mine

I do not "diet"I had a lifestyle change,I used to eat not healthy at all,I used to eat so much I would physically become Ill,then I ended up in the Hospital and got diganosed with Diabates,that was a wake up call...You can still eat junk food and Chinese Food,moderation is always the key!...

jtessen
by Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 11:10 PM

Your not alone.  Having a baby is a wonderful thing but you do put your needs aside for your baby.  It'll get better.  Right now your babies very small and needs your constant attention.  Once they start getting a little older you'll start taking time for yourself again.  I know it's hard but hang in there.  FYI that's shitty your husbands calling you fat! What an asshole (sorry).  Your only 6 months out from when you gave birth don't beat yourself up.  You'll get back there eventually. It took me over a year to loss all the baby weight. Good luck, it sounds like your doing a great job. Oh ya, tell your husband to f off if he calls u fat again. (what a dick)

Amala650
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 12:06 AM

First of all thank u so much for reading my msg and responding back.It really feels good to talk to someone who can understand ur feeling.

Thank u so much for ur reply.I do appreciate!

Amala650
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 12:08 AM

Thank u all for such a wonderful support and understanding my feeling.I really feel that i am not alone here.

cali_gurl
by Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 12:56 AM

A baby changes your body, don't forget that. Accept that you are different now, for a very good reason! Your husband should be encouraging you and thanking you for all that you do...and NOT calling you fat. I kept 20 lbs on after baby and I still have it. My husband still calls me hot. LOL

I know what you mean about not making time for yourself to exercise, because it is all so tiring! I only started to lose baby weight after I went back to work. Taking care of a baby all day is more exhausting! I was a stay at home mom and now I work again outside the home so I have had both experiences. Get out more with other active moms. Join a meet up group and go walking with moms. Start getting out and cut back on the junk food. AND buy some new pretty clothes that fit and look good on your after baby body! That's what I did. Not sure I will ever be back in the old before baby body, But that's okay. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)