Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's a great school but....

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 8:00 AM
  • 17 Replies
My dd's pre-school has kinda uppity parents. What I mean is they dress their kids in gingham, initialed matching outfits; with a huge bow on the side of the poor girls head. ...you know the look. It's cute and fine for church, or a family dinner out, but this is pre-school! Paint, playgrounds, and crawling on the floors. What would you change about your kids schools?
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 8:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mumamy
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 11:32 AM

Nothing comes to mine but I love my school. Maybe you will find more down to earth parents after a while??

Pukalani79
by Kris on Aug. 24, 2013 at 1:31 PM

I have the idea that as the year goes on, those girls will come in more and more sensible outfits.  If not, that's their choice.  They might be great people, you never know.  My kids go to a homeschool charter school and we love it.  The changes I would have made, they did this year, so I've got nothing to complain about :)

esox
by Bronze Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 1:48 PM
I would kick the whole administrative devision to the curb so teachers could actually get back to teaching.
ambertreas76
by Amber on Aug. 24, 2013 at 2:05 PM
1 mom liked this

We homeschool... sooo... nothing!  LOL! If I could change one thing, however, I may request our little school to change is the location.  I'd like to be closer to a city with more to do.  Ocala, FL is somewhat of an armpit.

squeekers
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 3:25 PM

i'd teach my child to not pay attention to what people wear and be friendly. no, sorry, that was rude. i know some school's have different styles and stuff. i just learn to keep my head down and let the school's teach.

KendallsMommee
by Chrissy on Aug. 24, 2013 at 4:14 PM

I love DD's school, I just wish it was more diverse.

She's biracial, and it's prodominately African American.

Just wish there were a few more ethnicities thrown in there.

But it's a great school. Can't complain.

Sister_Someone
by Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 4:43 PM
2 moms liked this

I turned down a great school for my son because it was affiliated with a church. 

Even though I'm an atheist, I would support my child if he decided to believe in God. However, he's repeatedly stated that he considers god fictititous and I'm not at all comfortable with his school pushing that kind of stuff on him.

Thunderbug75
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 9:02 PM

My DS goes to  day care that I love.  But I'm a little biased cuz I work there too!

JadeTigr7
by Bronze Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 9:06 PM

I homeschool, so nothing.

LoveMyBoyK
by Silver Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 9:11 PM
I would make it cheaper:D

When I worked at KinderCare, as the "teacher" in the three year olds room, I had a little girl whose mother always had her dressed to the nines - dresses, tights, fancy shoes, hair impeccably styled. The little girl let none of that stop her from being a tomboy through and through:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)