Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Comforting my husband

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 1:14 PM
  • 32 Replies

I have been comforting my husband Charlie this afternoon,his mom passed away this morning and it hit him really hard.He got a call from his father at the hospital.She was complaining of being sick with flu type symptoms lately and I knew it was heart attack,the flu type syptoms are a symptom of a heart attack in women.She passed when getting to the hospital,my mother in law was only 57 years old.It has hit me hard too,she was great to me and a loving grandmother to my 8 and 10 year old sons.Was a great step grandmother to my 16 year old son too.My father in law,it has sunk in losing his wife of 36 years and I am there for him.Luckily my father is a counsoler helping people going through a loss of a loved one,my father in law knows he has someone to talk to now.

by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 1:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pukalani79
by Kris on Aug. 24, 2013 at 1:22 PM

I'm so sorry for the loss

offrdngal
by Gold Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 1:24 PM

(((HUGS)))  I am so sorry for your loss.  I will keep you and the family in my thoughts.

alexisb3
by Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 2:57 PM

She was good to me and I remember her being called Miss Kay a lot.She was just like Miss Kay on Duck Dynasty.

Mom2919chibc
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 3:03 PM

My deepest condolence .

Idntreallycare
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 3:04 PM

just be there for him, be his shoulder to cry on, etc.... I'm sorry for your loss

JacksMom1221
by Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 3:05 PM
Oh no, that's awful. It's so much harder when it's sudden. Very sorry to hear momma.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pink.Frosting
by Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 3:07 PM

She was young.  :0(  I'm glad she was good to all of you and that you all have good memories of her.  That is such a blessing.

alexisb3
by Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 3:33 PM

I am going to help my father in law out.I remember the day I found out I was pregant with my 10 year old son and we told her,was jumping up for joy and yelling out I am going to be a grandma.It was the same with my 8 year old son too.I have one special picture,the day my husband and I got married 12 years ago,will be 13 years in November.It was picture of just us hugging.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Aug. 24, 2013 at 5:28 PM

I'm sorry for your loss~ hugs!

alexisb3
by Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 6:06 PM

Husband is getting better a little bit.My husband's sibilings,been a little hard on them too.My brother in law Billy,my sister in laws Nikki and Colleen were hit hard.My sister in laws are coming up right now,will be in tommorrow.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)