Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

13th B-Day Party Ideas.

Posted by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 2:06 AM
  • 48 Replies

Hi everyone! My daughter is getting ready to turn 13 and I'm trying to figure out what to do for her party. I want it to be a little special since she will be saying goodbye to her kiddie years and hello to teens lol. Thank you ahead of time for any input you have :)!

thought I would post some ideas I had.

Game Truck @ park with a BBQ

Rent limo to take kids to movies (pick up at school)

Overnight stay at hotel

********************************************************************************************************************************

Here are the pics from the party. I did a pool/glow party and it turned out great! They had lots of fun and thankfully the pool got fixed so I was able to do it. Thanks again for all your suggestions!

by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 2:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Roo1234
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 2:11 AM
What about a Mad Hatter's Tea party?
Jaime_707
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 2:15 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't know your budget but a spa party is great for that age. Or maybe take a group of her bestest friends to get their nails done ( most places will do a discount for kids and parties) or you  could do a sleepover and do spa treatments at home to save money. You could give out nail polish as party favors or have the girls make their own  lip gloss as a craft. There are a ton of recipes on line for that. Whatever you do have fun, :)

ChelinasMom
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 2:17 AM

Hmm that would be interesting but not sure if the boys would be into it. 

ChelinasMom
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 2:19 AM

She is gonna be inviting boys as well. Makes it a little tricky lol. 

Quoting Jaime_707:

I don't know your budget but a spa party is great for that age. Or maybe take a group of her bestest friends to get their nails done ( most places will do a discount for kids and parties) or you  could do a sleepover and do spa treatments at home to save money. You could give out nail polish as party favors or have the girls make their own  lip gloss as a craft. There are a ton of recipes on line for that. Whatever you do have fun, :)

Roo1234
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 2:20 AM
1 mom liked this
maybe we need more info...
how many people do you plan to invite? after your reply I see it is both genders. do you want it in home or a destination?
ChelinasMom
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 2:21 AM

I keep clicking replay on these instead of quote lol. The other replay I did was to you :).

Quoting Roo1234:

What about a Mad Hatter's Tea party?

Jaime_707
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 2:22 AM

Yeah.... Probably no spa or manicures or sleepovers if boys are coming lol...

Quoting ChelinasMom:

Quoting Jaime_707:

ChelinasMom
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 2:23 AM

Depending on what kind of party it would be 10 to 20 kids. Not looking to spend more then $400 on the party.

ChelinasMom
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 2:25 AM

Would be entertaining though lol.

Quoting Jaime_707:

Yeah.... Probably no spa or manicures or sleepovers if boys are coming lol...

Quoting ChelinasMom:

Quoting Jaime_707:

mumamy
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 6:31 AM

Get someone one to teach them face painting or something they would all enjoy, or is that too young??. Are you near a river or ocean? You could hire a small ferry/boat just for the party for two hours? Ice skating party?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)