Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Breast feeding, UGH!

Posted by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 6:02 PM
  • 16 Replies

I know that breast feeding is the best way to feed, but I can't help finding it to be repulsive. Don't get me wrong I don't get all freaked out when I see moms feeding babies, it's just the thought of actually doing it makes my skin crawl! I know that I shouldn't feel this way, BUT I DO.  I have gotten a few not so nice comments from family and friends about this.

by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 6:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
VarelaClan
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 6:06 PM
Do you have past issues with molestation or rape? Those things can very well make a person feel that way. Add that to the way our society views breasts and we have women who feel like breastfeeding is gross or sexual. That is something we really need to change. Breastfeeding is what is best for moms and babies, yet we keep many women from even trying because of society and their sexualized breasts.
WendyDB
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 6:14 PM

I have no reason to feel this way, that's why I don't understand my phobia! I have no problem with others doing it but when it comes to me it's just not going to happen.

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Aug. 27, 2013 at 6:17 PM
3 moms liked this
Everyone has their own feelings and opinions when it comes to certain things and there's nothing wrong with the way you're feeling about breast feeding. It's not for everyone and as long as you're okay with how you feel about it, that's all that matters! :)
mushmom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 7:48 PM
I thought it would creep me out but decided to try it for my baby. I made it 6 months with my first and 22 months with my second. Once you bf, you see your breasts as what they were actually meant to do :)
oliver92
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 8:45 AM

I love it, I don't want to be all hanging out all over or public about it, but this will be number 3 ebf and I cannot wait.  I stay covered up and love the time with baby knowing I can provide exactly what they need.  Its amazing. 

Scribbleprints
by Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 9:18 AM

You know, before I actually breastfeed I felt the same way (not so strong actually, but similarly).  But the idea of a baby sucking on your breast when you do not have kids and the actual experience of having your baby nurse is a wholly different thing.   Plus it hurts your breasts NOT to nurse  (I don't mean long term harm...but engorgement is not fun).

But if you still feel this way after having kids, I totally support your perogative not to breastfeed.  Sure, breast is best, but as my doctor said, formula isn't poison. 

jbjohnson
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 12:08 PM
It seemed weird to me too until I did it. I couldn't imagine myself doing it, but I made the decision that I was going to do it for at least six months because I knew it was good for my son. Once you have a child, it's amazing the things you will do just because it's what needs to be done. There was a period of time when I hated it because I felt like I spent 90% of my life with a baby attached to my boob, but I ended up breastfeeding for 8 months, six of those I was working full time and pumping while at work. That was weirder than breastfeeding! It wasn't easy, but I'm glad I did it. I also realized that breastfeeding kind of forced me to spend some quiet time with just me and my son. It's so easy to get caught up in a rush of housework, cooking dinner, working, errands, chores, etc. I came to enjoy coming home from work and just resting and spending that time with him without trying to multitask.
erikadi
by Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 4:26 PM

To each their own. The important thing is that the baby is getting fed.

Dabberdoo
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 4:40 PM
Check this out.
http://www.drmomma.org/2008/02/microscopic-view-of-human-milk-cows.html
countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 7:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't find it repulsive, it just wasn't something I felt comfortable with. No one in my family breastfed and when I brought it up to my family while pregnant with my second child I didn't get a positivie reaction so I decided against it. I had no support system. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN