Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Random Question #1

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 6:23 AM
  • 43 Replies

Do you have a nickname? Do your kids have nicknames?

by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 6:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
offrdngal
by Gold Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 6:37 AM

The only one I have, is Ter.  My son doesn't have one

Quinn525
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 6:54 AM
My nickname growing up was Bo. Very few people use it now (Dad, brother, nephew, bff, & ex sil) My sd has a shortened version of her name, Sis/ Sissy,& Nugget. My ods I usually call G which is the first letter of his name. My yds i call the shortened version of his name, Q/QZ (his initials), and Smooch. This was a dear nickname from my mom who recently passed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TableforSeven
by Judy on Aug. 28, 2013 at 7:04 AM

Not any more....my husband had a nickname for my English name that he called me by - but my name now, Chana, really doesn't have a "shortened" form.

Our kids are all called but either their full first name or a shortened version of them.

Briesmom38
by Gold Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 7:45 AM

Not much you can do with Lori,lol  My dad calls me Lor or Lor-Lor that's about it.  My dd goes by Brie, her name is Brianna.  Although my brother (her uncle) calls her cheese or cheezer,lol  (since Brie is a type of cheese,lol)

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

birdiemom
by Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 7:51 AM
I don't have a nickname, and I used to call DD pumpkin until DS was born. She wanted him to call her Kitty (her name is Kaytlin). I call DS BooBoo or Boo (his name is Andrew)
soberorose81
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 8:02 AM
Not really, though I may tell people it's "K" for short or if I don't want my whole name out there. I had he a rare name and I like privacy...
soberorose81
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 8:04 AM
Oh, and our son's is like his Papa, "O", our these days, "Baby O" :)
kourtneya
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 8:50 AM

People call me Kourt. I call my ds Bubba and my dd Ems.

Scribbleprints
by Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 9:12 AM

Nope, save "Kiddo, sweetheart, etc."

jakesmom323
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 9:16 AM
Its amazing that you can make a nickname of legal names Jake and Luke and you get Jakie and Lukie. Poor babies. Lol. My middle name is Nicole and I was supposed to be Nickie. Thank you Lord baby Jesus everyone called me my first name. I know sone awful Nikkie's.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)