Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Temporary solution for an on going problem..

Posted by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 8:13 AM
  • 24 Replies
Clutter!!! All the odd things you don't know what to do with. I made a drawer for each of us and put it in there. That can't be a permanent solution! So what do you do with those things? The little things? Any advice is appreciated.
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 8:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stepconfused182
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 11:11 AM

Are they things you actually use? Are they papers or little things like batteries, hair things, electronic cords, etc? For any papers, manuals, instructions, warranties, etc, I have a filing cabinet I put them in. I have a file for each category of things I collect and keep them in there. For other things, I either get baskets or box them up and label the box with what's in it. If I haven't used it or looked at it in a year, I toss it in the trash! I HATE clutter!

Sunshine257
by Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 11:15 AM
We are going to get binders for the papers. I prefer a filing cabinet but my husband doesn't. It is drum keys, cords, little things that are used but don't have a place. What do you do with the bills and papers that need to be delt with. Do you have a little basket for that? Before you pay them and file them away?

Quoting stepconfused182:

Are they things you actually use? Are they papers or little things like batteries, hair things, electronic cords, etc? For any papers, manuals, instructions, warranties, etc, I have a filing cabinet I put them in. I have a file for each category of things I collect and keep them in there. For other things, I either get baskets or box them up and label the box with what's in it. If I haven't used it or looked at it in a year, I toss it in the trash! I HATE clutter!

stepconfused182
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 11:25 AM

Yes, I have a little Longaberger basket I put all my bills in until they are paid. Once they are paid, I often throw them away once the check has cleared or the draft has been completed. Binders would definitely keep you organized too but then you'll need a place for all the binders :). Maybe you have a little bookshelf laying around?

Quoting Sunshine257:

We are going to get binders for the papers. I prefer a filing cabinet but my husband doesn't. It is drum keys, cords, little things that are used but don't have a place. What do you do with the bills and papers that need to be delt with. Do you have a little basket for that? Before you pay them and file them away?

Quoting stepconfused182:

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Aug. 29, 2013 at 11:30 AM
Bump!
Sunshine257
by Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 12:02 PM
We have an entire shed with shelves or storage place but I don't want to put these nick backs out helm there I will never see then again lol. I just think filing cabinets are easier instead if punching holes in things.

Quoting stepconfused182:

Yes, I have a little Longaberger basket I put all my bills in until they are paid. Once they are paid, I often throw them away once the check has cleared or the draft has been completed. Binders would definitely keep you organized too but then you'll need a place for all the binders :). Maybe you have a little bookshelf laying around?

Quoting Sunshine257:

Quoting stepconfused182:

stepconfused182
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 12:05 PM

Much easier! Tell your husband to give it a try.

Quoting Sunshine257:

We have an entire shed with shelves or storage place but I don't want to put these nick backs out helm there I will never see then again lol. I just think filing cabinets are easier instead if punching holes in things.

Quoting stepconfused182:

Quoting Sunshine257:

Quoting stepconfused182:

Sunshine257
by Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 12:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah need to double check my auto correct it screwed up that entire reply!

Quoting stepconfused182:

Much easier! Tell your husband to give it a try.

Quoting Sunshine257:

Quoting stepconfused182:

Quoting Sunshine257:

Quoting stepconfused182:

countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 5:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Everything has some sort of place. If it doesn't we can't keep it. Give me an example of what you are asking about. 

mommybug77
by Crystal on Aug. 29, 2013 at 5:43 PM
I have no advice for this. Good luck.
Sunshine257
by Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 1:57 AM
Drum key, pictures in a box, cords for apple stuff, place mats not being used. Important bills and papers, coupon cards, cd's don't know what for,glasses, electrical cigferets, DVD player, weird little appliance things I don't know what for, screws lol I am trying to think of everything I shoved in a drawer. Hard drive. Paper clips but only two?? Head phones swim diapers.
We are going to buy another piece of furniture it was going to be a glass cabinet. I am thinking we should get a hutch I think it is called maybe to put all this stuff in..

Quoting countrymomma81:

Everything has some sort of place. If it doesn't we can't keep it. Give me an example of what you are asking about. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)