Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Surprised my kids when I got home

Posted by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 6:03 PM
  • 15 Replies
2 moms liked this

I surprised my kids when I got home,they were excited.My kids and I had a talk last week,they wanted a dog and told them it takes full responsibility including feeding and water.I came home with a 7 month old Chocolate Lab we named Kelsey.My kids are being great about it and good to her.I got Kelsey from an employee of mine's wife whom breeds Labrador Retrievers,shots up to par including being house trained and everything looks good.My fiancee was cool about it,he likes Kelsey and says she is a good dog.

by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 6:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 6:07 PM

We love labs, especially chocolate ones. We've had 3 over the years and they've been the best dogs we've had. 

angelicav12
by Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 6:34 PM

I talked to owners of labs,said they are great around kids and this is what I wanted.Kelsey is doing well,getting to know her new home already.Has her chew toys and her favorite,tennis balls.

Pukalani79
by Kris on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:23 PM

I bet they love that!

angelicav12
by Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:48 PM

My kids took her outside,threw her tennis ball and Kelsey brought it back.They love Kelsey a lot now.Both like animals and treats them right.Only thing we have to work on is the chewing which is a lab puppy thing.

.Peaches.
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:51 PM

I can't wait until we get a dog (it won't be a lab though). I love chocolate Labs, they're so pretty, and Labs make great pets.

Briesmom38
by Gold Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 7:56 AM

How wonderful!  Labs are great dogs and make awesome pets.  My SO's stepmom has a chocolate lab and she's the sweetest dog you'll ever meet.  

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

pixiesmom2
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 7:58 AM

Awww.  I bet they were excited!!

angelicav12
by Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 8:33 AM

They were excited. did my research first.

SunnyCat
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 1:21 PM

That's so great! My father was the one who brought home our little surprises. I'm surprised to see that not all adults love dogs and cats. My husband hardly pays any attention to our pets. Its strange when he asks if I fed the dogs:) 

CountryGrlAtHrt
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 2:45 PM

That is AWESOME,my son loves Dogs,but we can't have any pets where we live,awesome suprise

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)