Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

newborn with diaper rash!!!

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 9:23 PM
  • 33 Replies
Hey girls,i am exclucively bf and baby is 12days old...this rash is ugly,what can i do?(and yes, b4 i get bashed,i change diapers promptly)
by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 9:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2gmp2
by Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 9:25 PM
The best thing I ever found was called Bag Balm. I noticed a difference in one diaper change. I bought it at CVS.
LivinDeadGurl
by Maranda on Aug. 31, 2013 at 11:03 PM

You can put some breast milk on it.

j3st3r
by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 11:04 PM

we used Butt Paste.

SMTCMMoore
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 11:19 PM
I'm a fan of desitin.
kdgord
by Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 11:21 PM
desitin and corn starch together or pure coconut oil... both are great, also when using wet wipes rinse them out with warm water before using them on baby. this will keep the soaps and chemicals in them from stinging and making the rash worse
wymama610
by Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 12:46 AM
Burt's bees diaper ointment or multi purpose ointment. Mary Kay also makes a thick pink gel/lotion for extra dry skin.... My mom swore by it when my siblings and I were kids :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LucasMommy75
by Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 7:10 AM
Triple paste is the best in my opinion.
momofthem311
by Bronze Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 7:19 AM
When our 5 yr old was a baby he got a horrible rash. A mom here told me to brown some flour, let it cool and spread it all over baby's bum. It was a frigin miracle! The next day it was almost gone! I recommend that to everyone!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jenn820
by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 9:44 AM
I liked Bordeaux butt paste with my DS. I have an eczema cream from a local herbalist now that is amazing. If it is bad, try giving your little one some time to air out. Put down waterproof pads and layer with sheets, clean their bum really well and get some fresh air.
If it reoccurs, keep track of what you've eaten. It could be a skin reaction to stuff in the breast milk (not always the cause but wouldn't hurt to keep track). Also, if it keeps up, try a different brand of diapers. It really is a guessing game to identify the cause of a rash so you can prevent it in the future.
I like this site to identify a type of rash if what I'm trying isn't working.
http://www.askdrsears.com/topics/skin-care/diaper-rash
Docgirl2000
by Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 10:12 AM
When my ds' rashes were bad i would put anti biotic cream snd rub it in til it was absorbed into his skin. Then i would slather on a rash cream. I liked desitin or butt paste.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN