Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Do you ever feel....

Posted by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 9:58 AM
  • 44 Replies

I'm 30, have 3 kids, 11, 4 1/2 and 2 1/2. Ever since my youngest was born (or shortly after) my DH and I have had these moments of feeling like someone was missing. It happens randomly. We can be sitting there watching tv with the kids in front of us and feel like one of them is missing. Its strange. In addition to that, I've been thinking (more lately) about whether I want another baby. When I was pregnant with my youngest I swore I was done. Now, I'm not sure I can say that. I almost feel confused, I have this "baby fever" but then also feel like our kids are just getting to the age where they are all somewhat independent so having another baby would be like starting all over again. We aren't sure if the "missing" feeling is that we are both wanting another or if we should chalk that up to having 3 kids, lol. Do you ever feel like this? I almost feel pressured to make a decision. My son started school this year so is this just a normal feeling of the "babies are growing"? I'm not sure why I keep thinking about a baby!! lol! 

by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 9:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
diaperstodating
by Angel on Sep. 1, 2013 at 10:04 AM
1 mom liked this

No. I don't have baby fever. My youngest son just started kindergarten and my oldest son just started high school. I have four boys and I enjoy being able to expereince different ages/stages at the same time.

diaperstodating
by Angel on Sep. 1, 2013 at 10:07 AM
1 mom liked this

bump

kourtneya
by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 10:18 AM

I have baby fever but my youngest will be 10 in October. 

VintageWife
by Silver Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 10:21 AM
2 moms liked this
If you feel someone is missing, they are.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erikahand83
by Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 10:23 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes, I personally feel like there is something missing to our family. I think that I would really enjoy having another baby around. We currently have 2 boys, Liam 9 and Patrick 7. Saying this though my husband does not want another child but we are not doing anything to prevent pregnancy so I guess we shall see what ends up happening

stork

allmy3girls
by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 10:57 AM
1 mom liked this

well I definately have 'baby fever'  I just turned 29, I have 3 daughters aged  4 and 1 (twins)  and I want a baby boy to add to my crop......my husband says wait 2-3 yrs  by then I will want 2 more..I want 6 children in all.........so I say if you can afford another baby  have it  and good luck

onemom30
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 1:46 AM
1 mom liked this

No dont have baby fever. I am joy my kids right knoe. My brother just had a baby joy.

Pukalani79
by Kris on Sep. 2, 2013 at 2:12 AM
1 mom liked this

I struggled with that for years.  My youngest is 8 and it's only been in the last year (maybe) that I'm finally content with where we are at.

ScrChk23
by Amanda on Sep. 2, 2013 at 4:19 AM
1 mom liked this

I do sometimes because we have four boys and I would like a girl.  I wanted our last one to be named after my mom.  So far I only have nephews in the family as well.

mjimaging
by Melissa on Sep. 2, 2013 at 8:10 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't get the feeling that someone is missing. We spaced ours way out and "started over" with each one. DD is 13, DS is 4 and we are due next April. I like the space because we get only one in diapers and it will be close to only one home during the day. Now DH just needs a better job and we will be set.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN