Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

tubal ligation

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 8:30 PM
  • 21 Replies

Alright ladies, have any of you had this done? If so what kind of recovery did you have, side effects, pain? Any info will help me greatly. Thanks

by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 8:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kjbugsmom1517
by Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 8:41 PM
II had mine done with my c section alittle over 5 years ago. I cant really say how recovery was compared to someone who just had a tubal BUT i did notice that i would have pain in that area during my cycles for a while. Some people say their periods r heavier and i do have heavier periods. I think its done laproscopically most of the time now so recovery shouldnt be to bad
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catevincesmom
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 8:52 PM

I had one done w/ my last c-sec.  Not too much different healing, from what I noticed.  Maybe a lil more sore than the 1st c-sec, but nothing too bad. 

titania94
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 8:52 PM
I had mine done during my c-section too. I didn't really notice a big change right away bug my cycles now are out of control. I am never on any schedule. To the point that I have downloaded a period tracker app to try to predict my next period. My periods are ridiculously heavy now too. Like soak through a super plus tampon and backup super pad within an hour or so. I have spoken to my gynecologist because I am sure this isn't normal -but she insists everything is fine.

I wouldn't recommend it. Sorry and good luck!!
kidlover2
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 8:58 PM
I wouldn't recommend it. I really wish that my husband's insurance would have covered a vasectomy. My "simple and quick recovery" surgery turned into an all day ER visit, Vicodin, and a " it'll be a while to heal and it will be painful" Apparently the surgeon nicked me and created a large hematoma in my stomach area. Two weeks later and I'm still having a lot of pain although I have finally weaned myself off the Vicodin.... I have a high tolerance for pain and this has just about done me in.
mhaney03
by Bronze Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 8:59 PM

I had mine done about 2 months ago, was released a few hours after surgery.

The day after was a bit hard, but honestly compared to other things I've had done recovery was a breeze.

MommyErinS
by New Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:19 PM
I just had it done on Friday 8/30 with my c section. I am experiencing no problems and feel better this time around compared to my first section done 5 years ago.
countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:10 PM

I did but it was done immediately after giving birth so I really don't know what recovery time was since I was down for childbirth anyway. 

cocoroo
by Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:59 PM

I had it 11 years ago after I had my fourth child.  I have had no problems with it.

mamacalifornia
by Bronze Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:07 PM

I had mine done in Oct 2012 and I am so glad I did! I had no pain what so ever from the gas or incision, I also did not take any pain medsI took it easy the day of the procedure and was back to normal the next day...

Elyssa414
by Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:08 PM
For me, the first 2 days were lots of pain and cramping! After that, it was fine. I love not worrying about pregnancy every month!! :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)