Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Alright ladies, have any of you had this done? If so what kind of recovery did you have, side effects, pain? Any info will help me greatly. Thanks

by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 8:30 PM
Replies (11-20):
MommyTo2Boyz
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:14 PM
I had one done 7 years ago. The recovery wasn't too bad, except for the gas pain. You can feel it the whole way up to your neck. It did seem to make my period heavier and cramps more painful. After 3 months of dealing with that I went back on the pill for 6 years. I'm back to normal now. I wonder if I would have waited a bit longer than 3 months, if my period would have gotten back to normal.
Truelove77
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:48 PM

I was in and out same day surgery took about 20 to 30 min I was groggy after they made a small cut below my belly button filled me with air not painful after just a little groggy from being knocked out.Very gassy for 2 days :( I had mine 6 and a half years ago and my periods have never been the same I get bad mood swings I don't know if it was the best thing for me but I can't undo it...

confused632
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 8:38 AM

I had mine done last November 5 weeks after an emergency c-section.  I have 4 critters and that was my first and last c-section......  I can say the recover for the tubal took about a week and a half to get over the gas pains and such...the first couple of days I was super sore but that was it.  I was in and out of the hospital after a couple hours I think.

As far as the periods being heavier and more painful?  Right now I am having my 2nd period (breastfeeding is the best) since last October.  So far they are less painful, not as long, and not as heavy.   I can say I have had mood swings but that is normal for me though.

Good luck and do your research.  I knew this would be my last critter and I looked at all options.  This so far has turned out best for me.

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 11:27 AM

I am planning to have it done when my IUD is done for ... in my books it can't be worst than recovering from child birth. 

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Sep. 3, 2013 at 11:37 AM
I have not had it done but here's a bump!
Jessiejem
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 12:12 PM

I had a tubal ligation done after my second c-section, so the recovery was the same. The only side effects I have noticed is heavier periods : / , but I do not regret my decision to have one

brandim3
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 5:33 PM

Thanks ladies for all the info :)

OHgirlinCA
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 5:37 PM

I chose to have the Essure procedure done over a lubal ligation. No cutting or recovery time other than from anesthesia.

12yrmama
by Bronze Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 8:47 PM

Not for me. DH didn't want any more so he got fixed- simplier proceedure for him than me.

Pukalani79
by Kris on Sep. 3, 2013 at 11:51 PM

I had a hard time with mine.  If I had the chance I would not do it again

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN