Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

i cnt get past my mothers passing

Posted by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 12:37 PM
  • 23 Replies

does anyone have advice on how to deal with the loss of their mother?  i lost my mom aug 13. my birthday. i cry all the time. i dont want my kids to see so i hide in my room most of the day. i dont care to clean or cook. i feel like im falling into a deep depression and cnt stop it. i ate a cookie the other day and cried because ill never get to eat hers again. ive never had anyone close to me pass before and this is just way to hard to deal with. they say u learn how to live with grief but i cnt. if i do smile or laugh, i feel guilty. i feel like the world is going on and im stuck in one place. i cnt eat, i take sleeping pills to sleep. thank god for my dh for keeping the house and kids togrther. i dnt no what to do or how to deal with this. HELP PLEASE!

by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 12:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
allmy3girls
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 1:04 PM

I;m sorry for your loss, yes it is hard to loss a mom...( she gave birth to you)..it will take time..dont be so hard on yourself...cry and grieve  but always remember in your heart and mind of your mom, think of how she made you laugh. celebrate her life at the funny things she did laugh at the way she did goofy things  she is at peace but she still remains in memory, she can see and hear you  and she doesnt want you to cry and be sad........so in time you will adjust to her being away..God Bless and always keep her in your heart..good luck   

JennasMom2
by Bronze Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 1:45 PM

Aww, I'm so sorry for your loss. I've lost a few close family members and its never easy. The best advice I can give is to keep yourself busy- as hard as it is- be active, play with your kids, distract your brain from thinking about it as it will only make you feel worse. Think postive things about your Mom when the thought enters your head and know that she wants you to be the best Mom you can be, as she was for you. It's ok to cry, that's part of it. Think about how your mother would want you to be. You need to be strong for her and your children. They need you, just like you needed your Mom. It takes time and time will make it easier. I hope you feel better soon. Lift your head up and try to do a bit more each day! hugs

JadeTigr7
by Bronze Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 1:57 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss.  I lost my father when I was 9, then my grandmother at 13, then my other grandmother at 20 and finally both my grandfather's this year.   My mother is also not doing well and I dodn't expect her to live much longer.

I would suggest seeing a grief counselor to talk out your feelings with.  After my daddy died it helped tremendously.  I'm also not one to suggest drugs, but there's also no shame in getting help if needed.

I'm really sorry for your loss, but you need to get it dealt with for your kids sake. 

lizfnf
by Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 2:12 PM

I lost my dad in April of this year.  The best advice I have received is that you may never get over this loss, but you will learn to cope and live with it.  No one can tell you how to get past this.  I'm certainly not over my Dad in the least.  I miss him terribly every day.  5 months ago today was the last day where I saw him alive.  It gets really hard right around his passing, tomorrow marks 5 months.  All I can tell you is this.  Don't focus on the rest of your life without her, it hurts to much.  Know that you can survive today.  Feel free to message me if you want to talk further.  I know how painfully fresh this is.  You have my sympathies.

AmesCSki
by Bronze Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 2:30 PM
First, i am so sorry for your loss. I can tell you it takes time to feel better. Be nice to yourself and be patient with yourself. I don't think you can ever get over the loss of a parent. My father passed very unexpectedly 2 1/2 years ago and I miss him every day. It gets easier with time but the feeling of emptiness and pain is always present. Try to remember the good times and make sure to share the memories with your little ones. My DD never met my father and that breaks my heart. Best of luck with your feelings and know what you're going through is completely normal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SweetMama823
by Bronze Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 4:00 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 4:12 PM

I understand the loss of someone very close is hard especially your mom it is also very very recent.  But you have to be a Mother to your own kids !!!  You have little ones that depend on you and that derserve to have a mother too.  Do with your children things that will honor your mother.  Keep her memory alive. Make her proud as she looks over you and your family.

mcginnisc
by Bronze Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 4:36 PM

Oh honey...

I'm so sorry for your loss. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

fcage10
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 8:11 PM

I'm so sorry. If you're saying you lost your mom - last month, or even last year- um...it's still a fresh wound. I lost my mom 6/20/2006 and I still get teary-eyed sometimes, especially since my kids have no other grandma here where we live. I miss having her as my best friend and confidant. Having said all that, I don't know what your faith beliefs are but for me, it's been the love of Christ that has gotten me through these last few years. Running to him in prayer and being comforted by His word and other like-minded believers. I wil definitely pray for you. Feel free to contact me if you need to talk or if you'd just like to pray.

3sun1Angelgrl
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 8:14 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)