Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Soon to be Soccer Mom to Soon to be Soccer Coach....WHAT?!?!

Posted by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 6:10 PM
  • 10 Replies

So I have signed my 4 year old up for soccer. He is my youngest so is super excited that he can participate in a sport finally! Our Rec Council either charges you per child per sport to opt out of volunteering or you have to volunteer to help during their events. I thought ehhh I can help be an assist coach since I will most likely be there.....guess what Ive been notified that I am the coach now LOL. This shall be interesting!!! hahablank stare

by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 6:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 7:51 PM

Same thing happened to me before. My husband usually gets roped into coaching our son's teams (especially soccer and football) and I'm usually team mom but I got asked to help out with the U-5 age group the very first year my daughter played. It was fun and we came out 2nd:)

JennasMom2
by Bronze Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 8:29 PM

haha! That is awesome! I'm sure you'll be fine!! My son is starting soccer this year also, my daughter used to play and my husband coaches so we're a soccer family, lol. Good luck!!

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Sep. 3, 2013 at 8:31 PM

Good luck and have fun!

Lisha77
by Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 8:33 PM
This happens all the time. This is the first football season my husband hasn't been called to coach. Have fun!
CountryGrlAtHrt
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 10:15 PM
Good luck and have fun
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mjimaging
by Melissa on Sep. 3, 2013 at 11:11 PM
That happened to me in Wyoming when we lived there. They knew I could play hockey, I've played over twenty years. When the night coach, DD's team coach, got kicked out of the rink for a year for fighting! They begged me to coach. I said I didn't want to, I know nothing of coaching they insisted they would help out. Well they didn't, and no matter what I did parents were unhappy. I vowed, never again. I know the game, I can play the game, very well in fact, but a coach I am not. I can coach goalies, that's easy.

Good luck. The parents I had were brutal, maybe yours will be nice.
Pukalani79
by Kris on Sep. 3, 2013 at 11:47 PM

That happened to us as well.  Have fun with it!

letstalk747
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 11:51 PM

whoa , could be really fun

AMRios
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 2:15 PM

Good luck... I signed my husband up to coach my sons soccer team and our other sons baseball team... Thought I was being sneaky and getting out of doing it myself but little did I know he deployed the entire season! I was 7 months pregnant with a 1.5 year old coaching a 7 year olds soccer team then running to the next sport to coach a 5 year olds baseball team... Very overwhelming!

KylesMom409
Really wishing I didn't have to get up at 6 tomorrow. :(
Yesterday at 9:17 PM
by Linnette on Sep. 4, 2013 at 3:35 PM
Good luck and enjoy! :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)