Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Looking for chairties to Donate to...

Posted by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 11:22 PM
  • 17 Replies

I try to be inspirational and teach my kids that they should always help others. So in doing this I have a side business and I donate a part of the money from an item sold to eiither a charity or a person in need. I am looking for suggestions for upcoming months. :)

by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 11:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pukalani79
by Kris on Sep. 3, 2013 at 11:46 PM

I think that's a great idea!  We support Relay for Life and our local shelter.

2and2onway
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 11:48 PM

This is very dear and nearto my heart.

http://janifoundation.org/about-us/

Kylie819
by Michael Westen on Sep. 3, 2013 at 11:52 PM
This weekend is our annual radiothon benefitting Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago!

Amazing cause. Every year I cry for 36 hours listening to the stories! I have had the opportunity to meet many of the families and kids featured on the radiothon and have been blown away by their strength and grace.

http://www.wtmx.com/microfeatures/radiothon.php
Quinn525
by Bronze Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 11:53 PM
2 moms liked this
Women's shelters, soup kitchens, food pantry, child abuse prevention, use the money for 30 days of random acts of kindness.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DannieLou
by Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 11:57 PM
http://www.nativeprogress.org

This one is near and dear to me. This is the reservation my mama's family comes from. It is the poorest reservation in the United States. You purchase items specifically for individuals in need and the items go directly to them.
Tckosdk.2012
by Bronze Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 10:51 AM

I like the Ronald McDonald house charities. I know someone who's son had a genetic disease & needed a stem cell transplant. She had to move across the country to find a children's hospital who did them. This was almost 15 yrs ago back when most hospitals wern't doing them. She lived in a Ronald McDonald house for over a year. She told me about the great experience she had living there & all about the other families living there. We now have 2 in my city.

littlebugs2113
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 10:54 AM
We sponsor a child thru Children International, and UNICEF.
Briesmom38
by Silver Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 11:01 AM

I'm an animal lover so my charity of choice is the Monmouth County SPCA.  Plus they are local and I can actually see where and how the donations are used.

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

Scentsyfl
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 12:40 PM

Service & Sacrifice

Returning from military service is not the end. It's merely the begining of a new life of service. The mission Continues; awards,community,service, fellowships to post-9/11 military veterans; helping them do what they do best- Serve others.Each fellowship brings veterans and civilians together to strengthen their communities. Your  Purchase of Service & Sacrifice will help The Mission continue support veterans on their new mission of service here at home.  Scentsy will donate $8 from the sale of each Service & Sacrifice  to The Mission Continues.$35 each

.Engedi.Scentsy.us

Wrapstar80
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 1:28 PM

I like this idea too. I actually adopt soldiers while deployed. I feel its something I can do to help.

Quoting Scentsyfl:

Service & Sacrifice

Returning from military service is not the end. It's merely the begining of a new life of service. The mission Continues; awards,community,service, fellowships to post-9/11 military veterans; helping them do what they do best- Serve others.Each fellowship brings veterans and civilians together to strengthen their communities. Your  Purchase of Service & Sacrifice will help The Mission continue support veterans on their new mission of service here at home.  Scentsy will donate $8 from the sale of each Service & Sacrifice  to The Mission Continues.$35 each

.Engedi.Scentsy.us

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)