Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Rings! Help!

Posted by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 11:53 AM
  • 11 Replies

Mobile Photo

Ok ladies, I need your help! Wonderful hubby bought me an engagement ring for our anniversary (original one was stolen) and I absolutely love it! But not sure it goes with my wedding band.
The wedding band needs to be cleaned and buffed up a bit, it's gotten dull over 10 years haha
Please give me your honest opinions, do they go well together or should I get a new band? I will post another pic below of what the band looks like seperate from the new one.
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 11:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaXRandi
by Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 11:54 AM

Mobile Photo

How they look seperate.
esox
by Bronze Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 12:17 PM
I think both are beautiful as separates. Together they do look kind of off with one band being so thin and intricate while the other is so thick and smooth.
But with the sentimental value of the original band, I wouldn't ask him to replace it.
MommyAddie
by Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 12:23 PM
If you're willing to replace the band, I would move the current one to your right hand and find a design that matches up with your new ring better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
liss05
by Gold Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 12:48 PM

I agree.Beautiful ring btw :)

Quoting esox:

I think both are beautiful as separates. Together they do look kind of off with one band being so thin and intricate while the other is so thick and smooth.
But with the sentimental value of the original band, I wouldn't ask him to replace it.

crwspringer
by Silver Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 1:00 PM
I would wear one on each hand. Not the same finger.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JennasMom2
by Bronze Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 1:09 PM

I don't think you need a new band, but I really love how the engagement ring looks on its own. I think that a band would take away from it. I would do what other's suggested and just wear the band on your right finger. :) 

offrdngal
by Gold Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 2:04 PM

I don't think they look good together.  The stone setting is too big, it covers the design on the wedding ring.  I'm OCD though, so things like that bug me.  LOL  Both of your rings are beautiful!

Knightquester
by Silver Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 2:15 PM

Your hubby has good taste both rings are very pretty.  I agree with most of the other posters that the engagement ring is even more pretty as a stand alone, but I also think it looks fine up against the wedding ring.  My wedding band is gold and plain looking, so it wouldn't go well with anything.

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Sep. 4, 2013 at 3:58 PM
This

Quoting Knightquester:

Your hubby has good taste both rings are very pretty.  I agree with most of the other posters that the engagement ring is even more pretty as a stand alone, but I also think it looks fine up against the wedding ring.  My wedding band is gold and plain looking, so it wouldn't go well with anything.

.Peaches.
by Bronze Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 3:58 PM

Its not my style, but it doesn't look terrible together.

I think the engagement ring looks better on its own though, or with something smaller and plainer.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)