Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

walmart

Posted by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 11:53 PM
  • 39 Replies
is the walmart in ur town super slow? it can take up to 30 just trying to check out. they do not have enough cashiers and i think it is ridiculous. it makes me not even want to go there anymore.
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 11:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Briesmom38
by Gold Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 7:44 AM
2 moms liked this

I actually prefer Target so I pretty much avoid my Walmart,lol  But the very few times I have been in there I've waited in some long lines, it's really not worth it to me.  

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

DACIA79
by Bronze Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 7:47 AM
1 mom liked this
Every Walmart I have ever been to is slow they have all those registers and will only have 3 lines open.
KylesMom409
by Linnette on Sep. 6, 2013 at 7:57 AM
DH can't stand WalMart but because they're his biggest competitor. LOL (he works for the major supermarket here) and I can't stand how long you have to wait either.
Tckosdk.2012
by Bronze Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 8:27 AM

I think they are all like that. lol

mjimaging
by Melissa on Sep. 6, 2013 at 8:30 AM
Ours have self checkouts now so we are in control mostly. But some people use those that haven't fit a clue so that can take longer. We haven't stood in too many major lines but we very rarely go there. We shop almost everywhere but Walmart.
lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Sep. 6, 2013 at 8:43 AM

All the Walmarts that are nearby are always slow with ridiculously long lines.  I only go there a few times a year.  I prefer Target for many reasons.

stykir
by Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 8:45 AM

I have 2 within a 20 min drive of my house. If i go one direction it's TERRIBLE. Not enough lanes open, the employees are rude and unhelpful and leave their crap in your way. If i go the other direction, the employees are friendly and actually smile and say hi and ask if you need help. The store is cleaner and they usually have pretty quick lines. There just isn't much else I need to shop at in that direction or else I'd only go there!! 

sadly i have heard from a former employee of the one in the rude part of town. they say the manager there actually TELLS them to ring things up and not get into any kind of conversation with customers. They don't care about customer service or even being friendly at ALL. and that's the way the manager wants it. which makes zero sense to me- everyone complains about that store because the people are so rude

uvallekm
by Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 9:03 AM

I hate Wal-Mart I will only go unless I necessarily have too!! For the most part I get what I need from Walgreens... Lol... I love that place!

virgochild79
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 9:14 AM

I try my best not to go to Walmart. That place is the worst! Target is so much better. Sure it's a little more expensive than Walmart but to me it's worth it.

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 9:20 AM

I have a love/hate relationship with Walmart !  Yes the lines and wait tend to be so long and ridiculous. But sometimes, it's SO much easier to go there if I need like ;  groceries and a garden hose, pictures developped and new curtains!  Rather than go to 4 different stores.  The Target for me is a good 20 min drive away :)   

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN