Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

And it starts *Wedding Invite Drama*

Posted by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 9:38 AM
  • 25 Replies

We just sent out the invites on Weds and we're already getting these questions.

Invited person (not related, they are just a friend) - "Did you invite so & so?"

Me - No I didn't, we have a limited budget and I'm closer with you and your mom.

Invited person - "So are they invited?"

Follow my weight loss Journey.... I have a weightloss goal to hit 135-140lbs by May 2014....Can I do it by changing the weigh I eat, using Body By Vi, and exercising more? We shall see!!!! Follow me at MyFitnessPal

Wedding Countdown Ticker

by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 9:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mhaney03
by Bronze Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 9:41 AM
1 mom liked this

This is why I didn't have a wedding.  Eloping was one of the best decisions I've made.

Luv.My.Kidz
by Bronze Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 9:44 AM

DF and I have started saying within the last month "Let's just cancel everything and do justice of the peace.... this is getting ridiculous!" But we don't, because we don't want to regret anything and His mom just spent $300 on her dress, my dress was $500, all of my girls have their dresses already, etc. 

Quoting mhaney03:

This is why I didn't have a wedding.  Eloping was one of the best decisions I've made.

Follow my weight loss Journey.... I have a weightloss goal to hit 135-140lbs by May 2014....Can I do it by changing the weigh I eat, using Body By Vi, and exercising more? We shall see!!!! Follow me at MyFitnessPal

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 9:47 AM

that's why I refused to have a Bridal Shower for my second wedding.  My best friend wanted to throw me one and I kindly declined.  I didn't want to deal with who to invite and who not to invite and who would be offended This is also the reason why we flew to Vegas to get married.  

Luv.My.Kidz
by Bronze Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 9:51 AM

I know we were going to get these questions... but we've made it extremely obvious that we had a limited budget. Shit we're still 50ppl over budget as it is because DF's parents insisted on 80ppl ALONE from his side... which would have meant only like 35 ppl from mine then the wedding party. So we just said the hell with it and made it as even as possible.

Quoting Jinxed8:

that's why I refused to have a Bridal Shower for my second wedding.  My best friend wanted to throw me one and I kindly declined.  I didn't want to deal with who to invite and who not to invite and who would be offended This is also the reason why we flew to Vegas to get married.  

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 10:12 AM

Whatever you do, there will always be someone to piss in your corn flakes anyways !   That's why we made our wedding so simple.  We flew to Vegas, at first we wanted to do this completely alone but then our respective BFFs wanted to be there so we agreed,  then I asked a friend if he wanted to come to walk me down the aisle and another friend of ours lived in California and was willing to make the drive.  We asked for No wedding present but everyone had to pay their own way. BOOM! Done.

Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

I know we were going to get these questions... but we've made it extremely obvious that we had a limited budget. Shit we're still 50ppl over budget as it is because DF's parents insisted on 80ppl ALONE from his side... which would have meant only like 35 ppl from mine then the wedding party. So we just said the hell with it and made it as even as possible.

Quoting Jinxed8:

isaacsmommy68
by Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 10:13 AM

This is why we didn't do a wedding! If you invite this cousin then you have to invite this cousin etc. We did a small service at church. We invited our parents, grandparents, and 2 close friends. My Godmother also was invited. We decided instead of inviting everyone, we invited no one. After the service we went to a restaurant and ordered off the menu for 25 people. We reserved the party room. It was perfect. No stress and I would not change a thing. We didn't even tell extended family about the date.

Bizebeemomof3
by New Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 10:19 AM
Even with a strict guest list we still had people show up the day of the wedding because they heard we were in town to get married. Both our parents are divorced and remarried which created even more drama and who to invite and who not to invite
Briesmom38
by Silver Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 10:26 AM

I guess I'm just a very head strong person, when I married my ex, I did what I wanted and invited the people I wanted to.  I gave his mom a number of people she could invite, I told her if she went over that number then she could pay for them,lol  My parents paid for some of my wedding, they were really easy to work with.

Now that I think back, what a waste,lol  If I ever get married again it will be way scaled down!

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

snowangel1979
by Bronze Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 10:38 AM
Your always going to get that. You could invite 1,000 people and someone will still be left out. Just ignore it, say nope and change the subject.

We got married in front of a judge and then just the two of us went out for a nice lunch. Looking back, I wouldn't have changed anything about the wedding but I maybe would have went on a honeymoon. LOL.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Luv.My.Kidz
by Bronze Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 11:19 AM

My parents are divorced but both are helping finally (it took my dad 8 months to help and we're 5 weeks before the wedding) and DF's parents are helping A LOT! 

Quoting Briesmom38:

I guess I'm just a very head strong person, when I married my ex, I did what I wanted and invited the people I wanted to.  I gave his mom a number of people she could invite, I told her if she went over that number then she could pay for them,lol  My parents paid for some of my wedding, they were really easy to work with.

Now that I think back, what a waste,lol  If I ever get married again it will be way scaled down!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)