Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

at what age should boys not see mom naked?

Posted by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 6:48 PM
  • 28 Replies
my son just turned 5 and twice this week I've caught him watching me change in my walk-in through the cracks of the door. he giggles and runs away when I catch him but I know he knows that it's inappropriate. we were just showering together yesterday it seems! is my little boy too grown up to handle a glimpse of naked mommy already?
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 6:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Firewoman33
by Silver Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 6:52 PM
1 mom liked this

For us it was 5. For exactly the reasons you were mentioning. All of a sudden my nudity became a big deal to him and something that was naughty. When he was little and didn't notice one way or the other I didn't care. 

He has a 2 yr old sister who comes into the bathroom when I get ready. That bothers him since he feels like he is being left out. I explained that when she is 5 she won't be able to get ready with daddy. 

soymujer
by Gold Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 10:29 PM

I quite letting my youngest son see me naked at age 5.  He's almost 8 and sometimes still walks in on me if the door isn't locked.

ardiaxe
by Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 11:53 PM
5 for my son.
esox
by Bronze Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 12:03 AM
2 moms liked this
Research has shown that children that grow up seeing their parents naked tend to wait longer to engage in sexual activities as teens/young adults and have more satisfying long term relationships.
Catching a quick glimpse here and there is fine. But I agree, once it becomes a game its time for a talk about privacy.
jackiewal10
by Bronze Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 12:06 AM
1 mom liked this

My 5.5 year old DS still sometimes sees me naked.  He doesn't think anything of it because *I* have never made it a big deal.  We as a family don't see nudity as a big deal.  He's never "played" around like that.  He doesn't stare either.  It's an "it is what it is" situation.  I don't purposely let him see me anymore, but I don't make a big deal out of it when it happens either.

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Sep. 7, 2013 at 8:26 AM
Same here

Quoting ardiaxe:

5 for my son.
12yrmama
by Bronze Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 8:36 AM

I guess around the time you or him feel awkward.

Even though my son is 13 I do crack my (bedroom) door because we have little kids and I want them to be able to find me. But if they push the door I try not to be all panicky and stuff. I want my kids to know that I am comfortable with my body. The room is at the end of the hall so its not too public.

Once he walked on me, I held up a t-shirt to cover most of me, but he just turned around walked out and talked to me through the door.

she_walk_softly
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 8:40 AM

I would say 7 or so although my 15 yr old has seen me within the last year :/ we are pretty natural around here. Not that I am cool with seeing me nekkid...He just said "I'm scared now, thanks Mom"

My girl is 4 and we bath, swim, lay in the yard nekkid . I don't think she will ever get too old that it would matter.

Foleygirl24
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 8:43 AM

For us it was about 2 1/2. DS at that age was getting a little too interested in seeing me naked so that was the end of that. He's 4 now, and he'll still see me in my bra occasionally while I"m changing or something, but not totally naked.

RosaSherman
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 8:22 PM
1 mom liked this

My son is 5 and sometimes he sees me naked.  I don't try to prance around naked but if I am naked and he sees me, I dont make a big deal out of it.  So you know what, he does not see to care, he just wants what ever it is at the time, if I am clothed or not.  So I guess he will keep seeing me naked until it bothers him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN