Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Clothing life span

Posted by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 7:19 PM
  • 23 Replies

I got a new bra in December. It was professionally fitted for me, and felt fabulous for a while. Now it constantly needs to be adjusted through out the day. I am feeling pretty ticked off about this. It was not a cheap bra by any means, it was a Wacoal! I thought those were supposed to be some of the highest quality bras on the market! And I've been wearing it less than a year in rotation with my other bras and it's already shot?

How long can you wear a bra before it starts to feel like it doesn't fit well anymore most of the time?

by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 7:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lizfnf
by Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 7:31 PM

A year, maybe a little more.  The bands on mine stretch out and then the straps dig into my shoulders. 

SallyB_LMT
by Bronze Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 7:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Honestly...none of my bras fit right and I am too darn poor to go buy a new one.  I wish I could afford to buy something that fits nicely.  Right now I can barely squeeze my self into the ones I have.  :(  As a general rule mine start to wear out after about 18m if I wear them all the time.  I try to do the whole, give them a day between uses and only wash every other wear and blahblahblah, still I haven't been able to buy a new one since I finished breastfeeding my last child about 6m ago and I am not super excited with the prospect...lol

carakitty
by Bronze Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 7:52 PM

Thanks ladies, I hope more chime in.

Sally- Have you ever been professionally fitted? It makes all the difference in the world! It doesn't cost any extra to have it done. I've been measured at several department stores. So far Nordstrom was my favorite.

Yes, they are a bit pricier but their customer service was incredible! I went in to buy a replacement bra for one of my special occassion dresses. My sales lady worked with me for what must have been at least an hour and a half getting different bra models, little accessories to move the straps around, and helping me make adjustments. I admit, I was a little shy at first about having someone interact with the 'girls' besides my husband but I reminded myself that these ladies probably see billions of breasts each year.

Supported breasts are happy breasts! When we have a properly fitted bra our posture is better, our back and shoulders are healthier and saggy breasts from an ill-fitting bra add about 10 extra pounds to your appearance!

Oops, guess I got on a bit of a soap box there, LOL! Maybe with a speech like that I could get hired at a lingerie department? =)

EddiesMama83
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 10:34 PM

Bra extenders work for me.

my4boys2002
by Silver Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 10:41 PM
I tend to buy new ones every 3-5 months.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Sep. 8, 2013 at 10:02 AM

I buy new bras every 6 to 12 months. I've found one brand and style that I really like and try to stock up on them when they're on sale.

Pnukey
by Bronze Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 11:14 AM

I buy new ones every once in a while. They are cheap and never really fit right anyway. Some last for years while others break within months. I'm a member of the IBTC, so it's not even worth it to get professionally fitted.

Briesmom38
by Gold Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 8:14 AM

I only buy Victoria Secret bras.  I was fitted in one of the stores by a very knowledgeable lady, she was very nice, it definitely makes a difference.  I tend to get a year or so out of my bras depending on the rotation,lol

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

mjimaging
by Melissa on Sep. 9, 2013 at 9:59 AM
I'm lucky if I buy a new one every few years. I hate bra shopping. I usually make my husband do it, although, he enjoys it so I'm not really making him. I may need new ones soon. This one isn't doing so well now that I'm pregnant.
Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 10:56 AM

that's why I buy new ones all the time ... I have a feeling I need to be professionally fitted too,   as none of my bras fit quite right.  To be 100% honest I change them all the time.  Mine tend to bust after 1 year or less, so I just chuck them and buy new ones.  I assume your are top heavy and I think we (larger breasted women) put more strain on our bras, therefore, no matter the quality, they'll never last years ... so $20 or less bras at Walmart are my friends, liquidation racks are ever better !!! LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)