Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Husband and I are in the process

Posted by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 8:10 PM
  • 42 Replies
9 moms liked this

My husband Charlie and I are in the process of adopting.We talked adopting in December and it was our only option,doctor said I could not get pregnant anymore after my 3rd son Ben was born.We are in the process of adopting 8 year old twin girls,their names are Mallory and Avery.My sons are great about it by the way knowing they will be having 2 new  sisters.Mallory and Avery were removed from a home,their parents were drug addicts.They have been in our home,they did great and it amazed us.The adoption process started in January and the social worker said it will become final in a couple weeks,said they are best with us so far.I am finally getting daughters,2 loving adoptive daughters that have called me mom twice.My parents are excited and have been supportive,two adoptive grandchildren.My son Ben knows Mallory very well,she is one of his classmates in his class.My husband and I want to see Mallory and Avery with a better future,in a loving home with no drugs used at all which we have.

by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 8:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
zinniadaisy
by Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 8:18 PM

Congrats!  How exciting!

AmesCSki
by Bronze Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 8:21 PM
How wonderful! So many kids out there need loving homes--I'm so happy for your family for what you are doing!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HeathersRich
by Silver Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 8:33 PM
1 mom liked this
That's awesome. Twins should be fun.Girls are so expensive with all those accessories, get ready :)
esox
by Bronze Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 8:39 PM
Have the girls been living with you since January? How old are your boys? Will it be an open adoption? Do the girls have other siblings?
Congratulations! Its such a long process. I hope you all have a wonderful new life together!
sdgd21
by Diana on Sep. 6, 2013 at 8:47 PM

That's awesome! Congrats!

alexisb3
by Bronze Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 9:32 PM
2 moms liked this

Have lived with us on weekends and an open adoption.They have no other sibilngs.I know girls can be expensive with accessories.My sons are 8,10 and 16 years old.My oldest,Kevin has stepped up being a big brother already to them

BeautyFull
by New Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 9:33 PM
Beautiful.
sillytime
by Bronze Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 9:38 PM
Congratulations :) as an adoptive mom myself I can tell you it's amazing and exactly like having biological children. Lots of ups and downs but love will guide the way!
lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Sep. 6, 2013 at 9:49 PM

Congrats and good luck!

mjimaging
by Melissa on Sep. 6, 2013 at 10:04 PM
Congrats. It's good they will get a loving home that is safe.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)