Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 is the new 60

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 9:07 AM
  • 29 Replies
So check it, my body is not like it use to be. I use to be energized vibriant and ready to go Ha! My back cracks when I bend over or get up, my joints always locking on me and I am always tired. Have any of you mommies always or often feel like this? Please feel free to comment I wanna know lol. Smoochies
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 9:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ambertreas76
by Amber on Sep. 7, 2013 at 9:14 AM
3 moms liked this

Could be hormones.  I started feeling like that in my 30s (I'm 37 now)... achy, tired, foggy, etc etc and enlisted a homeopathic doc (no regular, big-pharma-agenda-ed docs for me).   I started eating a whole diet at around 36 (nothing refined, mostly raw, very limited red meat, less fruit, more berries and nuts).  I also started taking a double dose of liquid Omega 3s and tripled the D3 dose on the bottle.  Within a few days, I felt better.  Within a couple of weeks, I felt 100% normal again.  For me, it was absolutely hormonal and it is for most women out there.  Remember, menopause (premenopause, perimenopause) starts in our 30s.

Rant done... hahahaa!!

tapies2324
by Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 9:21 AM
1 mom liked this
Welcome to 30ish. My warranty expired at 30. Knees..back....shoulders ..all pop and ache. I've been a cna for 14 years so that's my reason. Why are you falling apart? Lol
AmesCSki
by Bronze Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 9:41 AM
1 mom liked this
Hahaha! I've been saying the same thing lately! I'm 31, will be 32 in January. My joints hurt, it takes me forever to get off the couch and I'm having issues with flexibility lol. I'm about 5-10lbs overweight (damn baby weight won't leave!!!!) so it's nothing really outrageous, so I don't think it's that lol. I walk a lot and do yoga when I can. I drink a ton of water and take vitamins --but I'm still falling apart!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsary
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 9:43 AM
We said the same thing. Lol. I just turned 30 2 weeks ago and its definitely the new 60!
countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 10:19 AM
1 mom liked this

Ugh, I hope not. I didn't enjoy my 20's much since I was busy raising kids. I was hoping my 30's and 40's would be better. 

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Sep. 7, 2013 at 10:19 AM
2 moms liked this

No, I don't feel that way and I'm almost 39.

ZombieChicken
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 10:27 AM
1 mom liked this
For me a lot of this depends on how I eat. I personally find eliminating grains, dairy and sugar really helps. I no longer feel and act old.
EddiesMama83
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 10:43 AM
1 mom liked this

I've felt physically fatigued since my late twenties. I also get a lot of backaches and headaches. 

EddiesMama83
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 10:47 AM

Just curious, how long does perimenopause symptoms last? My mom stopped getting her menses at the age of 50 and claims she had no symptoms. I know every woman is different and I also know she probably had symptoms, maybe she didn't really recognize it though.

Quoting ambertreas76:

Could be hormones.  I started feeling like that in my 30s (I'm 37 now)... achy, tired, foggy, etc etc and enlisted a homeopathic doc (no regular, big-pharma-agenda-ed docs for me).   I started eating a whole diet at around 36 (nothing refined, mostly raw, very limited red meat, less fruit, more berries and nuts).  I also started taking a double dose of liquid Omega 3s and tripled the D3 dose on the bottle.  Within a few days, I felt better.  Within a couple of weeks, I felt 100% normal again.  For me, it was absolutely hormonal and it is for most women out there.  Remember, menopause (premenopause, perimenopause) starts in our 30s.

Rant done... hahahaa!!

ambertreas76
by Amber on Sep. 7, 2013 at 10:57 AM

Small symptom onset was in early 30s.  It got extreme at about 35.  I didn't let it get worse because I changed my lifestyle.  Menopause normally ends in the late 40s/early 50s.  I was in premenopause/perimenopause.  I still am but its manageable.

Quoting EddiesMama83:

Just curious, how long does perimenopause symptoms last? My mom stopped getting her menses at the age of 50 and claims she had no symptoms. I know every woman is different and I also know she probably had symptoms, maybe she didn't really recognize it though.

Quoting ambertreas76:

Rant done... hahahaa!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)