Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

when you first turned 30

Posted by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:40 AM
  • 62 Replies

i turned 30 in june lol i still dont feel like it!

anyways the question is, when you first turned 30 did you make it a point to stop behaving in a way you did as a younger adult? like stop parting, stop being a bitch for no reason, or something you felt that once you hit 30 doesnt make sense to continue?

if so what? if not why not?

fyi the change doesnt have to be you stopped partying or whatever, it could be your faith is changing or something else.

Visit My Profile!

by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
robsgurl_23
by Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:43 AM

I didn't change anything about the way I act or anything..I don't feel the need to. I don't party, I go out once in a while but with my husband and kids. I am going to be 33 on the 26th. I still feel the same way I did before I hit 30..=)

mrsary
by Silver Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:43 AM
Idk.. only 2 weeks into 30! I do plan to have more fun since my kids are older. Wouldn't go back to my 20s because I don't want anymore babies!
eliptica24
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:43 AM

for me it started a lil before i turned 30 but i am starting to get more spiritual. i have been aithiest and then agnostic for most my life, and recently (last year or two) decided that pagan the umbrella term, fit me best now andit seems to be becoming more and more cemented. i am more open to things of a woo woo nature now lol.

i also try to not behave in certain ways when interacting with people. i expect myself to be at a level of maturity in certain scenarios in my life and t ry to be the bigger one in arguements and walk away. i used to push arguements.

i have aspects of myself that is "childlike" and will always be, i mean i love anime and silly hello kitty stuff. lol. i still have my piercings and tattoos and will keep them as long as i can, and dress a bit more closer to a younger generation, band shirts and stuff, but ya know, i am who i am.

so what about you?

eliptica24
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:44 AM

ya i never was much of a partier. last time i drank was my birthday to any extent and before that uh....a year? lol!

Quoting robsgurl_23:

I didn't change anything about the way I act or anything..I don't feel the need to. I don't party, I go out once in a while but with my husband and kids. I am going to be 33 on the 26th. I still feel the same way I did before I hit 30..=)

Visit My Profile!

eliptica24
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:45 AM

hahahaha

Quoting mrsary:

Idk.. only 2 weeks into 30! I do plan to have more fun since my kids are older. Wouldn't go back to my 20s because I don't want anymore babies!

Visit My Profile!

diaperstodating
by Angel on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:48 AM
My behavior didn't change after I turned 30.
Bizebeemomof3
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:49 AM
I didn't change anything but life made some things change for me. My group of friends changed because most of the things I did were now centered around my kids and hanging out with other people who have kids. I actually had a conversation with my husband the other day when we were looking at new cars that there is no way to look cool pulling up to a club in a minivan. Then I cried because we were actually considering a minivan as a car which means we were finally adults.
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:50 AM

I didn't consciously make changes but I am much different now than I was in my 20's.

Chymerra
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:50 AM

This

Quoting diaperstodating:

My behavior didn't change after I turned 30.

Sister_Someone
by Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:52 AM

I'm not 30 yet, that's next year for me, but I will not be changing anything about the way I behave, dress, talk, etc... I think that saying someone shouldn't be doing something just because they're a certain age is like saying you can't do stuff because you're a mom. 

Bullshit. I'm Rachel, I'm a person, I party if I want to, I'm a bitch when I feel like being one and I wear short skirts. This time next year, I'll be 30 instead of 29, but I'll still be Rachel and I'll keep right on doing whatever I feel like doing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN