Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Back Pain- Herniated Disc?

Posted by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 1:53 PM
  • 8 Replies

The other day I went to pick something up and my back completely locked up on me, I went to sit down and when I got up the pain was so bad I could barely walk, still today (2 days later), I still have a dull ache in the middle of my low back and occasional pains down the leg. This happened to me about a month or so ago as well. This is really annoying. I had sciatica during 2 of my pregnancies, the ache in the back feels a bit different (it hurts more when I stand up straight) but something must be hitting the nerve for the occasional leg pain. Anyone have any idea what it might be? My brother had a herniated disc and said this sounded like it. I'm going to schedule a Drs. appointment, just curious if anyone else has had anything like this. Thanks :) 

by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 1:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
JennasMom2
by Bronze Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 2:58 PM

bump

crwspringer
by Silver Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 3:21 PM
When I had a herniated disc it felt like I was being electrically shocked from the inside every time I moved.

The pain didn't travel for me. Stayed in the same place.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JennasMom2
by Bronze Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 5:15 PM

Yeah, most of the time it just hurts in the same place, but occasionally (usually after long periods of activity) it will start to radiate down the leg. I read that sciatica is a symptom of a herniated disc, who knows! I'm gonna have to call the doc. What did you do for yours?

Quoting crwspringer:

When I had a herniated disc it felt like I was being electrically shocked from the inside every time I moved.

crwspringer
by Silver Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 7:07 PM
Drugs at first (about a week) then physical therapy.

Quoting JennasMom2:

Yeah, most of the time it just hurts in the same place, but occasionally (usually after long periods of activity) it will start to radiate down the leg. I read that sciatica is a symptom of a herniated disc, who knows! I'm gonna have to call the doc. What did you do for yours?

Quoting crwspringer:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mjimaging
by Melissa on Sep. 9, 2013 at 7:54 PM
Good luck. I'm having crazy hip pain in the back and a coworker thought maybe my back was out or something. I'll wait it out for now but might have to see a doc as well.
countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 8:35 PM

I skipped the drugs and went straight to physical therapy. DH had one a few years back and did a few rounds at the chiropractor and they got him better enough to go pass a physical for work. 

Quoting crwspringer:

Drugs at first (about a week) then physical therapy.

Quoting JennasMom2:

Quoting crwspringer:

Bribriesmom
by Bronze Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 7:25 AM
I have a herniated disc L8 &L5, the pain doesn't travel, it stays in one place. My lower back at my butt flares up and looks like a softball. It is hard to walk because it feels like it's my back and abdomen.
I've noticed lately I can't lay on my back and sit up immediately, get up and walk because I fell the pain in my feet legs and back. Everyone around me tells me it's from the epidural. I had 2 in one year. I was induced after losing my son, got pregnant 3 months later and was induced again with my daughter who was born premature.
merryvoice
by Bronze Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 3:02 AM
After I gave birth, I started having a lot of back pain. It turns out the pregnancy caused me to have a compressed nerve in my spine. Nearly fourteen months later and after seeing three pain doctors, I'm still in pain. No one seems to be able to figure out what to do. I am seeing a new pain doctor, and am hopeful that he'll get to the bottom of this. I wish you the best of luck in getting it taken care of.I wouldn't wish this pain on anyone.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)