Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

If you work with the public...

Posted by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 4:45 PM
  • 19 Replies

What is one of your pet peeves when it comes to your job?

by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 4:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mhaney03
by Bronze Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 4:46 PM

People who put their purchases on my counter and right when I'm done ringing them up, they run to shop for 10 more items, holding up the line.  This especially happens when items ring up cheaper than they thought they were due to clearance going on right now.

mhaney03
by Bronze Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 4:47 PM

If you plan on using a mobile coupon, don't wait until AFTER you get your total to try to pull it up on your phone.  You know it might take a while to load, get it ready while you wait in line.

mjimaging
by Melissa on Sep. 9, 2013 at 8:05 PM
2 moms liked this
Talking on your phone while your at my window. Have some respect.
countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 8:10 PM

Everything. Which is why I no longer work with the public (or at all). 

Mayra99
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 8:26 PM
When people are rude like you chose to make that rule, decision, etc.
slgilliam
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 8:34 PM

I work at an elementary school. We have a visitor sign up on the counter. I love it when staff from other schools just come in and don't say anything to you. You ask them "how may I help you" or "good morning" and no response. People have to ring the front door to get in. I love it when they say I am here to pick up my kid - hello?! Who is your kid? We have 500 students to keep track of every day. Or when they ring the bell and say "Can I come in?" well can you give me more information please?! Like do you have a state issued i.d. to get in? Why do you need let in? Lol! Gotta love it some days.

mhaney03
by Bronze Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 8:37 PM

When they bring me an item and yell that it was supposed to be on sale.  I bring them the sign that they swore said it was, and the sign says otherwise.  Like what color towels are on sale yet you want this other one, when the sign CLEARLY says what color is on sale.

Thunderbug75
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 8:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I work at a day care.  I have one parent who wants to chat every morning.  No problem, but she has to be right in my face or right by my side.  If I move to redirect a child or to help a child, she will follow right behind me.  I really want to tell her to just back off!

.Peaches.
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 9:01 PM
1 mom liked this

People who expect you to kiss their behind while they're acting a complete and total ass.

Briesmom38
by Gold Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 8:05 AM

I give anyone who works with the public lots of credit.  I learned years ago I am not cut out (no patience,lol) to work with the public, that's why I don't! :)

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN