Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

California sucks!!

Posted by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 4:19 PM
  • 132 Replies
1 mom liked this
Ugh, I want to move to the country soooo bad and have a farm, I am soooo tired of it here! Were are y'all from?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 4:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jbjohnson
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 4:31 PM
2 moms liked this

Arizona sucks too!

Where in California are you? I just moved from Northern Nevada to Scottsdale Arizona. It was 110 degrees here last week. This city is HUGE and the traffic sucks. Very homesick.

Rant over. Misery loves company, right? :-)

mommy-munster
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 4:37 PM
How's nevada?? Ugh.. Arizona my uncle lives there. I am in southern california in a town called redlands, it is an ok city just I hate the weather and the people oh and did I mention how expensive it is here bleehh!! Yes company misery loves it.
Haha :)

Quoting jbjohnson:

Arizona sucks too!

Where in California are you? I just moved from Northern Nevada to Scottsdale Arizona. It was 110 degrees here last week. This city is HUGE and the traffic sucks. Very homesick.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 4:50 PM
2 moms liked this

Louisiana. 

Briesmom38
by Gold Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 4:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Really???  I lived in AZ for 8 years, I loved it.  My brother still lives out there and I visit, not as often as I would like.  If my SO would move out there I'd be back in a heartbeat!!!  I'm sorry you don't like it, maybe it will grow on you.

Quoting jbjohnson:

Arizona sucks too!

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

Briesmom38
by Gold Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 4:52 PM

I live at the Jersey Shore

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

Acid
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 4:56 PM

Ontario, Canada...

Knightquester
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 5:17 PM

We're in California too, and until we moved where we are now I can honestly say we also weren't wanting to make this our forever state to live in.  We moved here before my youngest was born to go back to school and be close to family, and after graduating and getting jobs here we've settled (for now) where we are now.  Where we live now is just a nicer community with parks, walking paths and a tighter knit community.  I have friends here in California that live and own land, farms even so it's not impossible.

Who knows where we'll be next year, my husbands work is relocating and he's not wanting to go where they are.  So he'll be looking at finding another job at the start of next year and when he does he'll be looking all over, not just in California.

Sophie1106
by Paula on Sep. 10, 2013 at 5:19 PM
I'm in California too. I agree that it's too expensive and too hot! But I've lived here most my life and wouldn't want to move.
MOM2DMSD
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 5:28 PM
4 moms liked this
I'm also in CA. I was born and raised here and I LOVE it. I live in San Diego. There is so much to do here and we always have perfect weather.
jbjohnson
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 5:28 PM

We moved here for my husband's job in April. It's OK, but it is just SO HOT! I'm used to living in places where summer is a great time to get out and have fun but here, it's over 100 degrees every day and people just hibernate in their air conditioned homes and air conditioned offices. I can't even take my son to the park because it's too dang hot!

The other thing is everyone says it's a "dry heat". Well, it's been humid as heck all summer!  Maybe I'll like it more in the winter.

It's also weird to me to live in a city so big that one of the first questions you ask when you meet someone is what part of the valley they live in. Someone can easily live 45 minutes away, so there's no use making friends with them because you'll never see them.

Quoting Briesmom38:

Really???  I lived in AZ for 8 years, I loved it.  My brother still lives out there and I visit, not as often as I would like.  If my SO would move out there I'd be back in a heartbeat!!!  I'm sorry you don't like it, maybe it will grow on you.

Quoting jbjohnson:

Arizona sucks too!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN