Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Plans for the weekend?

Posted by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 7:53 AM
  • 41 Replies

What do you have planned?

by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 7:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Briesmom38
by Gold Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 8:37 AM

Saturday I need to get a bunch of stuff done around the house.  If I don't end up grocery shopping on Friday night I'll have to do that too.

Sunday we have the wedding re-vow to go to.  I guess I should figure out what we are all wearing,lol

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

stacy2607
by Stacy on Sep. 12, 2013 at 9:33 AM
Tomorrow my 8 yr old son Hunter has football practice and my 11 yr old daughter Hailie has softball practice..Hunters games are usually on Saturdays and Hailies softball games are on Sundays..but this week, Hunter's game is on Sunday..so we have Hunter's football game and Hailies double header softball games all on Sunday.
natural_s
by Silver Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 10:08 AM
1 mom liked this

Well my baby is finally home from the NICU (although with a couple of monitors and oxygen) so really won't be going out like that for awhile but Saturday the Women of my church will be having a Bible Study group so I am going to try to make that and maybe hit Church Sunday, other than that will  just be  home with the family not getting any sleep, lol.

I guess this will make it family game night this weekend.

mjimaging
by Melissa on Sep. 12, 2013 at 10:09 AM
I think I really want to sew. I need more thread though but I might try out my new embroidery file on some diapers.
TableforSeven
by Judy on Sep. 12, 2013 at 10:59 AM

The kids are on break as of this afternoon and don't go back to school until Sun, Sept 29.

Friday night/Saturday is Yom Kippur - so we will be at services almost the entire night/day/evening.

Sunday we will probably sleep in - after being up late Saturday night breaking the fast after sunset and services. 

Sunday evening I am going to an art-opening with a friend.  We also might be signing up to take Sculpting classes while there.

I also might set up my loom on Sunday - I need to test if it can be folded mid-project, so I want to set up a small project.

Pukalani79
by Kris on Sep. 12, 2013 at 11:26 AM

This Saturday there is a Safety Fair at the fairgrounds.  I think we're going to go check that out.  It's our last totally free weekend until December, so I want to go and do something fun

Pukalani79
by Kris on Sep. 12, 2013 at 11:27 AM

I've always heard of Yom Kippur, but I dont know what it celebrates.  Could you tell me please?

Quoting TableforSeven:

The kids are on break as of this afternoon and don't go back to school until Sun, Sept 29.

Friday night/Saturday is Yom Kippur - so we will be at services almost the entire night/day/evening.

Sunday we will probably sleep in - after being up late Saturday night breaking the fast after sunset and services. 

Sunday evening I am going to an art-opening with a friend.  We also might be signing up to take Sculpting classes while there.

I also might set up my loom on Sunday - I need to test if it can be folded mid-project, so I want to set up a small project.

Marz31
by Silver Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 11:44 AM
Saturday we're headed to the state fair. I worked there on Monday selling Usborne books, and it had been more than a decade since we'd been, obviously well before DD was born, so it was kinda fun and I think she'll enjoy it. it'll be $$$$ holy cow, but oh well, it's once a year. Sunday we'll relax, do some stuff around the house and then DH is going to the Seahawks home opener, it starts at 5:30.
TableforSeven
by Judy on Sep. 12, 2013 at 12:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Yom Kippur is the Jewish Day of Attonement.  It comes at the end of a 10 day period that begins on Rosh HaShannah (the Jewish New Year).  During the 10 days we are to make amends for all wrongs we caused during the past year and we are to focus on giving/doing charity.  On Yom Kippur we completely focus on G-d, we do not eat or drink and we spend as much of the day as possible in prayer (either at services or at home).

Quoting Pukalani79:

I've always heard of Yom Kippur, but I dont know what it celebrates.  Could you tell me please?

Quoting TableforSeven:

Pukalani79
by Kris on Sep. 12, 2013 at 2:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you

Quoting TableforSeven:

Yom Kippur is the Jewish Day of Attonement.  It comes at the end of a 10 day period that begins on Rosh HaShannah (the Jewish New Year).  During the 10 days we are to make amends for all wrongs we caused during the past year and we are to focus on giving/doing charity.  On Yom Kippur we completely focus on G-d, we do not eat or drink and we spend as much of the day as possible in prayer (either at services or at home).

Quoting Pukalani79:

Quoting TableforSeven:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN