Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

I Know It Is A Little Early But

Posted by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 1:52 PM
  • 28 Replies

Have any of You started thinking about Hanukkah & Christmas ?,this year Hanukkah is in November,in fact it falls on Thanksgving and Christmas isn't to far behind....We have all our Christmas decorations in the closet and I have all my photo props,hats,ornaments,glitter letters,a large ornament,a light up rudolph,lights,etc etc,I usually do my Christmas Pictures in November....This year my children are NOT getting any toys or clothing,they have far to many toys and clothes....My son he wants the new Diary Of A Wimpy Kid Book wich comes out November 5TH so he can get that for Hanukkah,my Daughter wants some new games for her DS,she can get those for Hanukkah...I still have not a clue about what to do for Christmas,except the fact they both need proper fitting bike helmets...Maybe this year we can go back to The Great Wolf Lodge,we went there years ago and they have been begging to go back,usually during the Holiday's they have some deals...Eeek I forgot about Halloween lol,they don't have their costumes yet,maybe this or next weekend we can go look for cheaply priced costumes,need a Jack Sparrow and a Skeleton.

by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 1:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
VintageWife
by Silver Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 2:19 PM
I have Christmas for my 3 yr old dd done and a couple things for the baby (girl due in 4.5 wks). I haven't got anything for the boys (6 & 10) yet. I don't wait till last minute. It's the same date every year so no need to wait and go broke...lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SuperPickle
by Silver Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 2:46 PM

We have already started planning our gift game plan LOL

We do 4 gifts for everyone, something you want, something you need, something to wear and something to read.....

So far we have decided that the "need" for all 3 boys will be covered by an in ground basketball hoop.  It is something they are all interested in and will aid in their practice if/when they join school teams.

The want for my 11 year old is a big lego storage unit. He has TONS of legos with no orginization at all. He wants to be able to play with out digging for hours.

My 9 year olds "want" is a woodcarving kit. It just so happens that years ago when my great grandmother died I inherited here very cool woodcarving/woodburning kit. I was never in to it so it has been stored at my moms house for over 20 years. We got it out and we are buying a new case for it and giving it to him.

That is about the extent of our thoughts so far....my youngest is turning 7 next month so we are still looking for bday ideas for him.

We arent planning much for Thanksgiving this year. My oldest son will be testing for his black belt in taekwon do that weekend so we will be pretty focused on training for that.

Halloween is ready except for 1 wig! We are doing revenge of the nerds this year and since I was sewing a suit for 1 of them I started WAY early....but I had no issues, everything went smoothly and everything is ALL done!

iamcafemom83
by Bronze Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 2:55 PM
Ummmm I dont even know what I am doing for halloween yet haha!
The only thing I know aboit chrostmas is we will be travelling to see my dad and husband's family up north; )

Any good ideas for easy travelling gifts for kids? I guess i could do giftcards for the nieces amd nephews.
KendallsMommee
by Chrissy on Sep. 12, 2013 at 3:20 PM

Too early for me.

Autumn is my favorite time of year, so I plan to make it last as long as possible.

Sophie1106
by Paula on Sep. 12, 2013 at 3:40 PM

I haven't started shopping yet but I've been saving money in a separate account for Christmas for a few months already. I like to get through Halloween and my dd's birthday in November before I start thinking much about Christmas. I do have a couple ideas for what to get the kids though.

12yrmama
by Bronze Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 4:09 PM

I don't want to start thinking about it.... but I have to. My youngest dd has her b-day in November, my ds has a b-day in December so I HAVE to plan presents/money ahead. This year my dd will be 2 so she will get a big girl bed and new sheets/blankets- this is the standard you're 2! present for each kid. My ds will get an xbox, we held out as long as we could but its just sad his friends refuse to come over! (he'll be 14, so I think we made it pretty far without one). So very little money will be left over... it will be creative present year!

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Sep. 12, 2013 at 4:20 PM

Nope~ haven't thought about it at all yet.

countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 5:08 PM

I am going to Wal Mart tomorrow to make a Christmas layaway. Not sure what they are getting because they haven't asked for anything. 

We were going to buy them each a Kindle Fire HD but my aunt asked me to hold off because she may want to get them windows tablets instead. 

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Sep. 12, 2013 at 7:26 PM
Quoting KendallsMommee:

Too early for me.

Autumn is my favorite time of year, so I plan to make it last as long as possible.

Same here :)
TableforSeven
by Judy on Sep. 12, 2013 at 10:01 PM

We are in the middle of th fall holidays, so Hanukkah isn't even on the radar yet.  We don't do much, if anything, gift-wise for Hanukkah....we spend family time, light our menorahs as a family each night, and have an on-going dreidel competition the entire 8 days.  The kids have off from chol for Hanukkah, so we might take some day trips.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)