Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

What household duties does your DH/SO take care of?

Posted by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 4:39 PM
  • 73 Replies
1 mom liked this

What household duties does your DH/SO take care of?

by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 4:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LuLuRex
by Bronze Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 4:39 PM

My DH takes care of the lawn.

candiedgala
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 4:40 PM
Garbage and heavy cleaning.
AmyG1976
by Silver Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 4:41 PM

ummm whatever I need him too. for the most part I do everything I am home all day our kids are not babies they are homeschooled but I can take care of most of all of the household chores while he is gone inc the yard. HE works 48-80 hours a week thats plenty of time for me to get to the sweeping laundry dishs vaccuming ect ect everyday plus my kids can all do chores

storkradio193
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 4:49 PM

Yard work, and some of all the other chores like laundry and cleaning.

jessica1078
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 4:54 PM
where we live there's free garbage service but you have to take it to the site yourself so he does this once a week.
JennasMom2
by Bronze Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 4:59 PM

Garbage, Lawn, Maintenance - Pretty much anything that requires a lot of muscle or a tool, lol. He doesn't mind helping with anything else but since I'm a SAHM it's usually done by the time he gets home from work.

countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 5:06 PM
1 mom liked this

It depends. Right now he is coaching our son in football so on Tuesday and Thursday they have practice and we go to church on Wednesday and they feed us. He usually cooks on Mondays though, and helps out when he can but by the time he gets home most of the housework is done. 

He has no problem helping out wherever I need him to, he just doesn't often have to. But there have been days where I sort of take the day off and he covers my slack. 

jbjohnson
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 6:01 PM

He does most things. He'll clean up after meals, start the dishwasher, unload it when neccesary. He takes out the trash and does his own laundry. Once in a while he'll do our son's laundry. If I ask, he'll vaccum and clean the toilets.

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Sep. 12, 2013 at 7:16 PM
He does most outside stuff and fixes anything inside that needs repair.
Knightquester
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 7:36 PM

Since we're in a rental with lawn services included then he doesn't take care of the lawn anymore.  He does repair things when asked and as they break.  The most important contribution he makes to his family is bringing in the income we live off of.

He takes the trash out every day and takes it to the curb on trash days.  He takes care of his cat, feeds and scoops its litter box.  He fixes dinners on the weekends too, but generally he's not home enough to do much of anything.  He works an hour and a half away from where we live, and he leaves for work around 6am, and comes home around 8pm.  When he gets home we eat dinner, relax a bit and then head to bed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN