Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What household duties does your DH/SO take care of?

Posted by   + Show Post

What household duties does your DH/SO take care of?

by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 4:39 PM
Replies (31-40):
Kellileanne
by Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 10:24 AM
He mows the yard when I threaten to hire someone and empties the kitchen trash when it starts to overflow. He works evenings but prefers to either be sleeping or playing his xbox, will likely be xh soon if he doesn't do a 180.
isaacsmommy68
by Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 11:54 AM
1 mom liked this

Garbage, Dishes (including dishwasher load/unload), his laundry (he ruins all my clothes), any repairs outside, lawn, toilet (I don't pee on it, so I don't clean it), pick up after himself!

Monsita
by Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 12:00 PM
He helps ALMOST with everything if i need him too! There is one thing, though he never does, TO CLEAN UP TOILETS- LOL
insanemomof4
by Bronze Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 12:32 PM
He does anything and everything inside and outside the housr...just like i do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mantidae
by Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 2:51 PM

It varies depending on each of our given workloads each week, but he does most of the housework (I work full time and he recently went back to school, so he has at least a bit more time than I do).

I do the dishes.  I usually fold the laundry.  I tidy.  He does pretty much everything else unless I get into a cleaning fit.

I'm a tree-hugging, breastfeeding, non-circing, vaxing, co-sleeping/bed-sharing, ethical eating, nearly vegan, home-birthing, Pagan, Unitarian Universalist, pro-choice, cloth diapering, Scorpio, feminist, half-Canadian, animal activist mommy to one clever little girl (10), the cutest little boy ever born (2), two mischevious rescue mutts (fixed), and an attention starved rescue kitty (also fixed).  Married to my own personal MacGyver.

Marine. Lawyer. Mommy. Wife. 
Making Sustainability Work in Busy, Everyday Life.
Urban Earthworm

KendallsMommee
by Chrissy on Sep. 13, 2013 at 3:20 PM

Whatever I don't get around to doing, trash, and lawn.

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Sep. 13, 2013 at 3:41 PM

He does all the yard work and takes out the trash.

kysmama08
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 3:53 PM

We both do everything, except the mow the lawn, he handles that. He is also the chef of the house lol, the man can cook

thriftymom35
by Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 4:01 PM

Hardly anything usually but lately he's been doing a lot.

baileymarie723
by Bronze Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 4:42 PM
He put the dishes in the dishwasher, and puts them away when they are done. He takes out the garbage, brings the garbage cans to the road on garbage pick up day, and brings them back where they belong after it's been picked up. He also takes care of the lawn, and anything else that has heavy lifting involved.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)