Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think I'm turning into one of those crazies from TV

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 1:45 AM
  • 11 Replies
I've always worked. Sometimes more than one job. I was a good mom to my 19 year old daughter even though I always worked. Now I have a four year old son who had ASD. It is hard to find him affordable full time care. So I'm switching careers. Right now I stay home I was never a superhero or anything but after doing the almost impossible for so long I'm bored. We are not wealthy but we can get by on one income for now. Anyway here goes... I'm obsessed with saving money. I cut coupons - scour ads for deals -tare dryer sheets in half -make laundry detergent - only eat at home. All of this is good I guess but I'm seriously over doing it. I think I feel kind of worthless not working. Like I'm not pulling my weight. It's not just this I'm also obsessively cleaning everything. Finally I get the chance to stay home I thought I'd be so happy. Instead I'm stressed. I want to do everything perfectly. I made a coupon book. My friends saw how much $ I save they said I'm turning into one of those coupon people from TV. I never scam anything or make my kids go though the line. I'm just very organized. I was not before now I make meal planning charts that coordinate with the food we have- which I coordinate to a list for the store that I cross reference to the weekly ads that I match to the coupons. I also have started loading my friends dishwasher when I stop by (daily) and today I cleaned her bathroom. None of this would be odd but when I worked I was kind of a slob. What's wrong with me?
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 1:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Sep. 14, 2013 at 6:56 AM

I don't think anything is wrong with you,lol. It sounds to me like you are focusing your attention into your position of SAHM now before your focus was probably placed on what ever position you held while working outside of the home. Nothing wrong with that.

15inbetween
by New Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 8:58 AM
Thank you. Maybe if I do great job I'll get a promotion? Lol. I Feel better today.
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Sep. 14, 2013 at 1:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting 15inbetween:

Thank you. Maybe if I do great job I'll get a promotion? Lol. I Feel better today.

could be or you'll be able to take an amazing vacation with the money you've saved through extreme couponing ;)

blessedmom1978
by Bronze Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 12:53 AM

Wow wish I could be like that

15inbetween
by New Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 8:04 PM
Normally I'd wish this too. I think I'm bored and a little depressed. I feel worthless not bringing home a paycheck. Fortunately this is temporary. Soon I can go back to being a slob who hordes dirty laundry in baskets and hides them when people come over. Lol. That will be hard to do though since I donated some of the baskets whole cleaning of the house. The idea was then I'd keep up on the laundry with less baskets. So far that had worked.
esox
by Bronze Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 8:17 PM
Lol it all sounded normal and fine until you started cleaning your friend's bathroom. Thats a little obsessive. I would have been weirded out by that as the friend.
Kind of like the time I caught my boss digging through my kitchen trash digging out everything that was recyclable.
15inbetween
by New Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 8:22 PM
It is weird I guess. I got away with it because she was having people over and it seemed like I was helping. But honestly the dirt in her bathroom shames the Walmart restroom. I'm hoping it is a phase I outgrow. Ummm yeah...
jessie0221
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 10:00 PM

I hope nothing is wrong with you cause then there is someting wrong with me too.  I just started the transition and its been a huge adjustment so far. I feel useless sometimes because I'm not making my own money anymore and it kinda sucks.  Everyone says it gets better tho.  Come do my dishes next??

mjimaging
by Melissa on Sep. 17, 2013 at 10:13 PM
I hope to transition after I have baby. I don't think I'll be that obsessive though. We shall see.
15inbetween
by New Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 10:15 PM
I hope it does get better. One day when I go back to work I will fondly remember this I'm sure. As a bonus when I go back there will still be all of this to do around the house. If you live in St Louis MO I probably would do your dishes. After I dissect the Wednesday grocery ads for deals. I thought about joins a mom's group but after this site I decided I'm too opinionated to meet new people.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)