Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

FALL

Posted by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 4:05 PM
  • 15 Replies

Will your family do anything special on the actual weekend of Fall? Or is it based on weather?

We do leaf rubbings, plant new flowers, get a new bird feeder/bird bath/seeds, and take a hike or go camping that weekend. We always have great special fall foods for dinner that night, because our families are in Canada and US we combined the two thanksgivings on Fall. We also redecorate the house that weekend- not halloween stuff, you know just fall stuff.

by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 4:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
liss05
by Gold Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 5:33 PM

We just start doing cooler weather activities like apple picking,hiking in one of the state parks, that sort of thing before we are stuck in the house during the winter. :)

Pukalani79
by Kris on Sep. 15, 2013 at 6:11 PM

We dont really make a big deal of it.  Actually this year, we'll be getting ready to head out on vacation...at the beach :)

mamacalifornia
by Bronze Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 6:14 PM

Not exactly falling but we will be attending our local Balloon Fair, maybe going to see Merle Haggard in concert & my sons birthday is the 21st!

CountryGrlAtHrt
by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 8:38 PM

No,not really.

teamwilson
by Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 9:58 PM
We usually bake a desert of pumpkin or apple and drink hot chocolate or apple cider. I paint my nails in Sally Hansen Very Berry Nail Polish and watch football. I also start to pull out fall decorations with leafs and apples and pumpkins on them.
countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 10:08 PM

No. Although Fall is my favorite season we do nothing to celebrate it. In Louisiana we don't get much of a fall unfortunately. 

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Sep. 16, 2013 at 7:26 AM
I'm in Florida so no. LOL It's still in the 90's here so going swimming is our "welcome to fall" activity. :)
CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 9:38 AM

We go apple picking and then pumpkin picking.  We try to do a lot of outdoor stuff.

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 9:44 AM

We usually do a "Halloween Bonanza" weekend in October where we go pick our pumpkins, buy Halloween decorations, do Halloween themed activities, decorate the house,  go out to eat and catch a movie at the Theater if there's a Halloween movie showing. This year we may go to a corn maze ... I don't know yet. 

timefor2
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 11:24 AM

no, not really....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)