Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have your kids ever been to the ER?

Posted by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 7:36 AM
  • 378 Replies
1 mom liked this

Have your kids ever been to the ER?

by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 7:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LuLuRex
by Bronze Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 7:37 AM

My son had to go for stitches when we was 18 months old after falling down.

ambertreas76
by Amber on Sep. 20, 2013 at 7:40 AM

Yep.  The day before his first bday, my beautiful son took a header into a trailer tongue.  They glued together his eyebrow very nicely.

HeathersRich
by Silver Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 7:42 AM
My 3 year old was there last year for a drug over dose. My 12 year old left his meds on the counter and I didn't realize it. She found them and was able to open the child proof lock and take the meds. One of the scariest days of my life. :(
crazytexan
by Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 7:45 AM
1 mom liked this
Once, when my oldest was 2. She put a popcorn kernel in her ear and we couldn't get it out. They had to put her to sleep too get the dang thing out.
kidlover2
by Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 7:46 AM
Once when she had a staph infection and her fever spiked to 103
Cozie_Sisika458
by Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 7:50 AM
My DD5 when she was a baby, she has an embiblical hernia and her stomach turned purple. My oldest DS9 couldn't go pee and we took him and come to find out he was literally full of shit he couldn't pee. DS7 got poked in the eye with a stick by accident when they were playing with a neighbor little boy. Other then that nothing serious and no stiches or broken bones.
KendallsMommee
by Chrissy on Sep. 20, 2013 at 7:53 AM
Once last year. On a Sunday morning she woke up coughing non stop. She had pneumonia.
candlelight777
by Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 7:55 AM
6 moms liked this
A broken hip, dislocated shoulder, fractured wrist, slit open forehead, severe nosebleed that we thought was a broken nose & tooth in a kneecap(long story). This is what happens when you have 6 kids. 5 of which enjoy the outdoors.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Briesmom38
by Silver Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 7:55 AM

My dd has been to the ER twice.  Once when she was in 4th grade because she put a ring on the wrong finger and the school nurse tried to get it off and all she did was make it so swollen that the doctor had to cut it off her finger.

The second time was last summer right before she was supposed to start camp.  She was at my dad's house she twisted her ankle really bad on a trampoline.  Luckily it was just a really bad sprain she ended up starting camp on crutches,lol

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

AmesCSki
by Bronze Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 7:56 AM
My munchkin was 11 months old and had an awful stomach bug, she was severely dehydrated and had not peed for 24 hours, her pediatrician suggested we take her in to the ER for IVs. It wasn't too scary but she looked so small and pathetic :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)