Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Grocery shopping....

Posted by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 10:45 AM
  • 47 Replies
1 mom liked this

I have to go grocery shopping today. I dislike it, immensely.

How often do you grocery shop?

Do you brave it with the kids or wait until someone else can watch them?

Do you store jump? (Shop at more than 1 store because of deals or brands ect)

Do you reward yourself after grocery shopping? (I always buy myself a Redbull at the checkout)

I'm procrastinating......

Can you tell?

ETA* I have returned and yes, I got my Redbull!

Domain of the Mad Mommy
(rambling about kids, cooking and life)

by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 10:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JadeTigr7
by Bronze Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 10:48 AM
1 mom liked this

We go grocery shopping about every other week.  We go as a family most of the time.  When my husband is deployed we all go together.  We usually go to Sam's Club and then either the commissary, Publix or Walmart.

No rewards.

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Sep. 21, 2013 at 10:54 AM
1 mom liked this

I go once a week or sometimes twice if we run out of something or if I need something for a recipe.  I try to go by myself as often as I can, but my dd goes with me a lot.  I go to multiple stores and I never reward myself with anything.

Pukalani79
by Kris on Sep. 21, 2013 at 12:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I try to do most of our shopping for two weeks at one time.  Sometimes during that time period, I have to go out and buy little things - more milk or bread, stuff like that, but I try to do the bulk of it at one time.  My kids usually go with me, but they're 12, 10 and 8 and can be a lot of help at this point.  I tend to shop at one store to save time.  No, I don't typically reward myself.

3sun1Angelgrl
by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 12:20 PM
1 mom liked this
I love grocery shopping.... Specially with coupons....
I go once a wk or more or less depends
clairewait
by Bronze Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 12:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Hah.

I love grocery shopping. I normally go multiple times a week (not a stock piler here, and I like to shop for my next meal or two). I tolerate it with kids, but I prefer to go alone, but not on the weekends.

My favorite time is right after school drop off in the morning.

I go to two different stores depending on what is on sale. Both are very convenient to my daily mommy commute, so that is nice.

I do not reward myself at the end, but if I must go on a weekend, my husband keeps all the kids at home and I very often make a starbucks run on the way out, so yeah, kind of a treat.

Claire Wait

My blog: TheUnderToad.com

TableforSeven
by Judy on Sep. 21, 2013 at 12:55 PM
1 mom liked this

I do my big load once a week.  And pick up misc items one morning per week.  I only sho at one store....even in the states when we had cars, I refused to go to more than one store - I hate shopping, so why would I want it to take even longer by going to more than one place.  Since we do not have a vehicle now - I do groceries once a week and take a cab home - usually on Wednesday.  On Friday morning, DH and I walk to the bakery for fresh challah; to the spice shop for coffee, etc; and stop at the grocery and/or paper supply stores if we need anything from them....then we walk home (I have what my kids lovingly refer to as a "granny cart" to out that stuff in).

almburr
by Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 1:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Big trip every two weeks, massive trip once a month. Fruit weekly.

I stop on my way home to shop every two weeks and the weekly fruit. Whole family on the massive trips.

Where we live its a treat for the kids to get out of town. We eat out do the shopping and head home. They like to help shop. I divide the lists into the stores sections and then each kid gets a list and a cart.
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Sep. 21, 2013 at 1:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I hate grocery shopping. I do a big shopping trip every other week. I stop at a smaller grocery store in town to pick up odds and ends on the off weeks.

Raeann11
by Silver Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 1:50 PM
2 moms liked this

My hubby does all the grocery shopping. He is great about only getting what is on the list. Unless there is a good sale or he wants to get us a treat.

momtomy7kids
by Michelle on Sep. 21, 2013 at 2:17 PM
1 mom liked this

I went grocery shopping this morning. I usually only go once a week (Saturday's). Sometimes I'll take a few of the kids but I don't like shopping with all eight of them. I try to get in as many deals as I can so I do store jump from time to time. I don't usually reward myself but I'll get a coffee from McDonald's on the way home.

Michelle
Mom to 8

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN