Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Best book?

Posted by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 2:34 PM
  • 11 Replies

What's the best book you ever read? Looking for something new to read :)

by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 2:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
energygirl
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 9:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I have a lot of favorites :) and usually get my books from interlibrary loan (free)...but here are some that I have either read more than once, or later bought off amazon

-for money saving ideas "The Complete Tightwad Gazette"  for fiction "the Hunger games" (all 3 books are good, and worth reading even though I am not normally into those kinds of books)....."The Five Love Languages" (good read if anyone and their spouse are having problems or just want to find ways to pamper each other) and "the Help" (also on dvd but the book is even better than the awesome movie...I seriously could NOT put this book down!!!!!)  I love to read so am anxious to see what other books folks recommend!

energygirl
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 9:15 PM
1 mom liked this

one more, if you like romance stuff (and these are  actually clean ones ) these 4 are in a series together...#1 When calls the heart....#2 When comes the spring...#3 When breaks the dawn, ....#4 Hope Springs new.  They are about a woman that goes into a wilderness setting to be a remote school teacher. I always like books about women being "independent" and living in those time periods. Ofcourse she goes on to marry....and has adventures teaching etc. in the following books....

.Peaches.
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 11:45 PM

That's a hard question, because I've read so many great books. I can honestly say I really don't have a favorite.

Sophie1106
by Paula on Sep. 23, 2013 at 12:32 AM
1 mom liked this

It's hard to choose a favorite! I really like classic books like Wuthering Heights, Pride and Prejudice, and Emma. I recently finished the Millenium series.. the first book is The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Those were really good. I like the Hunger Games and the Game of Thrones Series. And the Fever series by Karen Marie Moning. The Time Traveler's Wife, The Help, Firefly Lane, and Something Borrowed are good books too. Sorry, that was way more than just one book lol.

cali_gurl
by Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 1:02 AM
1 mom liked this

I love Jane Austen novels too. If you like Emma and stories like that you should try reading Middlemarch. It was written by George Elliot, a woman (yes writing under a man's name) who inspired Jane Austen to write. Middlemarch is one of my fav books. I also like the Twilight series, the books are way better than the movies. If you like sci fi, Steven King has an awesome series called the Dark Towers. 7 books in the series and loved them!

Quoting Sophie1106:

It's hard to choose a favorite! I really like classic books like Wuthering Heights, Pride and Prejudice, and Emma. I recently finished the Millenium series.. the first book is The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Those were really good. I like the Hunger Games and the Game of Thrones Series. And the Fever series by Karen Marie Moning. The Time Traveler's Wife, The Help, Firefly Lane, and Something Borrowed are good books too. Sorry, that was way more than just one book lol.

Roo1234
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 1:05 AM
1 mom liked this
two that come to mind:
Havah by Tosca Lee and Twinkie, Deconstructed by Steve Ettlinger
JennasMom2
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 9:14 AM

Thanks! We seem to have similar interests :) I tried to loan out 2 of the books you recommended and they were both currently checked out. (tightwad and 5 love) :( I'm going to try again in a few days. 

Quoting energygirl:

I have a lot of favorites :) and usually get my books from interlibrary loan (free)...but here are some that I have either read more than once, or later bought off amazon

-for money saving ideas "The Complete Tightwad Gazette"  for fiction "the Hunger games" (all 3 books are good, and worth reading even though I am not normally into those kinds of books)....."The Five Love Languages" (good read if anyone and their spouse are having problems or just want to find ways to pamper each other) and "the Help" (also on dvd but the book is even better than the awesome movie...I seriously could NOT put this book down!!!!!)  I love to read so am anxious to see what other books folks recommend!

clairewait
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 9:16 AM
1 mom liked this

I just read The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck and it was really good. Can't believe I missed that one in high school and college.

Claire Wait

My blog: TheUnderToad.com

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Sep. 23, 2013 at 11:28 AM
1 mom liked this
Vows by LaVyrle Spencer
Pukalani79
by Kris on Sep. 23, 2013 at 12:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I dont know if I have a favorite book - I do have favorite authors though.  Some great authors are: Harlen Coben, Iris Johansen, Kathy Reichs, John Grisham, Mary Higgins Clark, James Patterson, Jodi Piccoult and Kristen Hannah

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN