Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

pain in the.....

Posted by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 5:38 PM
  • 9 Replies
BACK.....OMG....on Friday I went to the bathroom at work and when I beny over to pull up my pants, I felt this sudden shifting motion in my back. Then pain and pressure. I made it back to my desk but my back was spasing so much I couldnt even stand up. I had to be ambulanced to ER.(so so embarrasing) . Any way Ive been in bed since then and really want to go to work on monday because I was on vacation before that and Im behind. Has anyone ever pulled a muscle in their back to where they couldnt stand and if so, how long did it take to be able to get around? I have walked around a few times today but have to move slow and carefully so my back doesnt have a spasm. Just wondering if there is hope for going in tomorrow. I plan on brining pillows, heating pad and meds. Percocet and muscle relaxer.
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 5:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 5:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like you may need a trip to a physical therapist or chiropractor. Depending on what kind of work you do it might be best if you rest a little longer if possible. 

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Sep. 22, 2013 at 6:19 PM

I did a couple of months ago and went to a chiropractor.

squeekers
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 6:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh I remember that pain. I threw out my back moving boxes. took my a school year, and physical therapy to get back to standing without being on crutches. I pinched my sciatic nerve. ((sympathy hug))

navewife
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 6:56 PM
I just feel so stupid...all I did was bend over lol. I do medical billing so I sit all day. Ive been in bed ALL weekend and today I was able to walk around the house and get in and out of the tub without help...something I couldnt do at all yesterday. Im hoping that means by tomorrow I will at least be the same as today. I put this on my fb too and the answers vary from a week to a few months. So I guess I will have to just take it as easy as possible. If its not better by the time I run out of my percocet and muscle relaxerI guess I will have to see the doc about therepy. Thanks ladies.
Raeann11
by Silver Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 7:58 PM
1 mom liked this

When I was younger I would get them and they always put me on muscle relaxers which helped for a bit. Once I started to see my chiropactor and got one. Within a day or two I was much better.

energygirl
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 9:44 PM

yikes, hope you feel better :)  I have never had anything like that

navewife
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 12:15 AM
Me neither till now.....its like a bad joke., or something that would happen ob a TV sitcome. I would have never guessed you could throw out your back by just pulling your pants up lol. Ive never EVER been in so much pain...and I gave birth to a 10lb 7oz baby. Craziness....for now percocet, hot baths, heating pad, and muscle relaxers are my friends. Praying it will heal in a few days. At least I was able to walk on my own today. (Sigh)

Quoting energygirl:

yikes, hope you feel better :)  I have never had anything like that

MYBABYANDI
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 12:30 AM

aww  i have been having back pain  but i think mine is coming from sleeping on the couch so much.    sorry  hope it gets better for u.

Tricia76
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 12:34 AM
1 mom liked this

I did that a few days ago , boy did it suck! I could hardly walk but I am fine now..no doc visit or nothing..guess I'm a toughy lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN