Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Do you change the music when...

Posted by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 6:55 PM
  • 54 Replies

your kids are in the car?

Or you just listen to your favorite no matter who's listening? I like some good loud grunge music sometimes (think late 90's). And I'll blast it (reasonably) even with the kids ages 2, 4, 13. The only time I change it is when its a LOOOOONG road trip or if they are major grumpy. Then they get preschool songs or Kids Bop.

How old are your kids and what do you like to listen too? If you change it, why?

by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 6:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
squeekers
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 7:01 PM
1 mom liked this

When DD was in elementary school, and we were traveling, the car had one rule: she had to read aloud to me. Over one summer of driving the 37 miles one way to & from my folks old house, DD read 13 Junie B Jones books and half a dozen Cap't Underpants books. She would read at her own speed, and if she needed help with a word, I would help, but no music just books. We had this rule for years.

Raeann11
by Silver Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 7:55 PM

We all listen to the same stuff.

diaperstodating
by Angel on Sep. 22, 2013 at 7:58 PM
No, I don't change the music when my boys are in the car with me. I listen to gospel, jazz, and R&B. My boys are 15, 12, 8 and 5.
zinniadaisy
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 8:02 PM
We usually have on a kids cd or the classical music station
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Peaches.
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 9:33 PM

Its always on Christian/Gospel music, or if I'm in the mood to listen to something else, its old skool, and that tends to be kid-friendly.

energygirl
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 9:39 PM

Sometimes Laurie Berkner (preschool fun songs).  but the rest of the time we have a Christian station on....our whole family likes it.  My hubby will put on "old country" if he is alone in the car...but not with the kids or me (not a country fan lol)

3sun1Angelgrl
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 9:42 PM
Nope I don't
alexisb3
by Bronze Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 9:42 PM

My kids are 16,10 and 8 years old.I listen to classic rock,country,classic country and rock music.I can't stand rap music,most of the lyrics are disrespectful to women and I hate that.My husband can't either at all for the same reason.My husband and I don't even allow rap music played in our house too.

HIJKLM
by Bronze Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 9:45 PM
I don't play explicit CDs but I don't change the radio station
OliviaW.
by Bronze Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 9:45 PM
We all listen to the same.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)