Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

What kind of phone should we get?

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:55 AM
  • 12 Replies

My husband and I are going to be getting a new phone plan for our cell phones soon. Our contract runs out at the end of the month and we want to get brand new phones. We have been going through AT&T for our phone service but we are thinking about shopping around and finding a better deal.

Anyone have any input for us? I'm not too smart when it comes to picking out cell phones so someone please let me know so I can get my new phone.

Michelle
Mom to 8

by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anotherandree
by Inga on Sep. 23, 2013 at 11:00 AM
We've has Sprint for YEARS and like them. We love their truly unlimited data for our iPhones. As for phones, we both adore our iPhones. We got 4s instead of the 5 last year. Love them!!!
momtomy7kids
by Michelle on Sep. 23, 2013 at 11:42 AM

We've had AT&T now for almost 10 years but we're going to try to get a lower rate now. I'll have to look into Sprint, we're going to be changing our phone numbers too. We have our old area code from before we moved still and want to update to our area code where we live now.

Michelle
Mom to 8

NidanLady
by Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 12:40 PM

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 and I'd recommend it highly. You really can't go wrong with it, unless you just really prefer iPhones.

mcginnisc
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 12:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting NidanLady:

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 and I'd recommend it highly. You really can't go wrong with it, unless you just really prefer iPhones.

Agreed. It is truly a fantastic phone. Dh and I both have one and we love them. We use Verizon by the way OP, but Dh works for the Corporate side of Verizon and gets a discount. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

NidanLady
by Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Oh yes, forgot to mention we have Verizon and I'd recommend that as well. We've had AT&T in the past and Verizon's coverage is vastly superior.

Quoting mcginnisc:

Quoting NidanLady:

Agreed. It is truly a fantastic phone. Dh and I both have one and we love them. We use Verizon by the way OP, but Dh works for the Corporate side of Verizon and gets a discount. 

JennasMom2
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 2:27 PM

We have Galaxy's here w/ T-Mobile. I have no complaints. Low rates and we added my DD on our plan for free. 

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Sep. 23, 2013 at 6:47 PM
I've been with Sprint for many years and I love my iPhone.
Sophie1106
by Paula on Sep. 23, 2013 at 7:21 PM
I used to have an iPhone and now I have a Samsung galaxy S3. I like the galaxy way better than the iPhone! We have AT&T but I've heard Sprint is good.
Saharra
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 8:01 PM
1 mom liked this
We use Verizon, and it's had good coverage and lower prices then AT&T. We've had the iPhone for YEARS and love them. I've used the Android and it's ok. It makes sense if your used to Windows. The Apple phones make sense if your used to Mac's. It's all what your used to. They all have their pluses and minuses :) I would just go to the store and mess with them all.
I do like, though, with Apple phones, their values don't go down. Even if you buy a new phone just before a new one comes out. You can generally make more (if you keep the box) on the old one and make enough to pay for the new one, plus some. Good luck and have fun picking one out!!
Firewoman33
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 9:37 PM

My DH is in charge of cell phones for his company and we've used a ton of them. Personally I loved the Samsung Galaxy phones. I currently have an HTC One and am pretty happy with it. 

For me I didn't like the iphone. I had the 4s. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN