Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Our guided fishing trip...

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 1:56 PM
  • 8 Replies
So the plan was to go out salmon fishing and then hit up some trout. Here's what we actually did.

We met our guide at 6am. That was tough on a Saturday morning. But he was very nice and we loaded up his car and we headed out. Gave us some options since the salmon were a good 2.5 hours away and sometimes they bite and sometimes they don't. So all in all dog picked a spot that was in the middle and that happened to be the cimmaron river. We drove forever it seemed. Finally we get to a very small campground that thankfully had a restroom. My pregnant self can only go so long between potty breaks. We got our waders on (first time I've ever worn them) and our wading boots. Everything fit well, thankfully. We headed down to the river and I was surprised at how fast it was moving. This is much of what we saw...

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

It was all really pretty and we enjoyed the scenery. He had us crossing the river back an forth, back an forth. It was a bit more risk then we typically take. Here's another view we encountered...

He did show us the holes and he showed us some great techniques. Things we will for sure be able to use in future fishing trips. It was a lot of fun but the crossing and climbing was a little scary. At one point he put me in a hole that was almost waist deep and fortunately I had a rock to lean against but it was a little scary at first. The fish were there though.

Here's dh with the guide..

Dh is the shorter of the two.

Another view of the river...

After all that we went back and had lunch, the guide brought it and it was yummy. A turkey sandwich on a harvest bread with smoked Gouda for cheese. It was awesome. We then moved on to a stream but it was nearly impossible to fish, just too much water for such a small creek. Dh did catch two though. We then went to a reservoir an I think I questioned the guides judgement here because he had us basically scale down a hill that went straight down an my pregnant self was not thrilled. It didn't amount to anything so we had to climb back up. That sucked. Then it was the drive home. Here's one more of the scenery we enjoyed...

It was beautiful and the leaves are just starting to change. It was a good day but I sure am feeling it now. My legs back and arms all hurt. We learns some good things though an I'm confident we can fish other small rivers now.
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 1:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
JennasMom2
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 2:33 PM

Wow, that is beautiful! Glad you had a good time! :) 

mjimaging
by Melissa on Sep. 23, 2013 at 3:48 PM
It was a good time.

Quoting JennasMom2:

Wow, that is beautiful! Glad you had a good time! :) 

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 4:29 PM

beautiful !!!!!!!

mjimaging
by Melissa on Sep. 23, 2013 at 5:27 PM
It really was. And a wonderful day. Not
Too cold, not too hot.

Quoting Jinxed8:

beautiful !!!!!!!

LivinDeadGurl
by Maranda on Sep. 24, 2013 at 10:54 AM

Beautiful photos!

mjimaging
by Melissa on Sep. 24, 2013 at 1:21 PM
Thanks. Every once in a while my phone gets it right.

Quoting LivinDeadGurl:

Beautiful photos!

esox
by Bronze Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 1:33 PM
Very pretty! Sometimes the scenery is better than the fishing itself!
mjimaging
by Melissa on Sep. 24, 2013 at 1:52 PM
Lol, the fishing was fun too but had we not caught anything, the scenery would have Ben enough.

Quoting esox:

Very pretty! Sometimes the scenery is better than the fishing itself!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN