Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

If your DH/SO cheated would you stay with him or call it quits?

Posted by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 6:34 AM
  • 76 Replies

If your DH/SO cheated would you stay or call it quits?

by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 6:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LuLuRex
by Bronze Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 6:34 AM

I would kick him out! I can't be with someone I can't trust.

offrdngal
by Gold Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 6:38 AM
We would be done.

ChancesMommy07
by Bronze Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 6:47 AM
7 moms liked this

I would try to work it out before I just threw in the towel on my marriage. I have 16 years with my husband and I'm not going to run at the first sign of trouble.I'm not saying I wouldn't be hurt, mad, etc, because I would be but I'm not going to give up without a fight.

Saharra
by Bronze Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 6:56 AM
1 mom liked this
Totally agree with this!! Marriage is work! And fighting for that one you love. Now- I'm all about drawing that line though. If your frustrated enough with him to leave- make him dinner (to remind him how good he's got it), leave a note saying you still love him and that you are not leaving permanently (but it's up to him), but he is completely disrespecting your marriage. He's welcome to come get you when he's ready for marriage counseling and a talk about what is going on. When he is ready to make some changes, you'd love to have him back. Walk out and go stay with somebody. He knows your cell number. You just drew a line in the sand. And you were completely respectful, and he knows you love him and want him, but you won't take being walked on or over!
Even if he doesn't come, don't be ready to sign those divorce papers yet. There's still room and time for him to change.
I've always joked that my DH and I are too stubborn to give the other a divorce. There is some truth to that :)

Quoting ChancesMommy07:

I would try to work it out before I just threw in the towel on my marriage. I have 16 years with my husband and I'm not going to run at the first sign of trouble.I'm not saying I wouldn't be hurt, mad, etc, because I would be but I'm not going to give up without a fight.

LuLu_Mama35
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 6:56 AM
1 mom liked this
When I married my hubby it was for better or worse. This has happened to us.. It was hard, for years I had trust issues, jealousy, arguments. It caused us to divorce, but we slowly reconnected. We worked it out. We put the past behind us, and remarried. We had 3 children after we remarried. Now we talk more, we are closer & happier than we have ever been.
Maxi_Maxi
by Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 6:59 AM
I would be getting a divorce. It's clearly communicated that we are completely exclusive and if one or the other crosses a line then it's over.
snowangel1979
by Bronze Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 7:18 AM
If he stepped outside our marriage, it would be over. We have talked about this and he knows where I stand.

Besides the emotionally hurt, I will not take chances with my health with him bring home an STDs because he wants to get his peeker wet.

I worked in a doctor's office for many years and saw a lot if things I wish I wouldn't have.
Husband's who showed no symptoms but the wife is in suffering with an incurable std they both have because he stepped out of their marriage, ect.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Briesmom38
by Gold Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 7:58 AM
3 moms liked this

If my SO ever cheated on me, I'd be gone!  I can't/won't be with someone I don't trust.  I deserve better!

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

esox
by Bronze Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 8:23 AM
1 mom liked this
Depending on his reasoning, I would stay. If he said he didn't love me anymore obviously it would be over. If he felt like I didnt love him or there was a lack of communication or something, that could and would be worked on.
Walking away isnt always the right decision.
JadeTigr7
by Bronze Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 8:24 AM

I would not stay.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)