Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Thermometers

Posted by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 7:02 PM
  • 6 Replies

Can anyone recommend a good FAST thermometer? Maybe an ear one or forhead one?

I have a 1 1/2 year old who FREAKS when we take his temperature... Usually we just do a digital one under the arm... but it takes up to a min and he HATES it. 

Who has one they really like?

by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 7:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Tckosdk.2012
by Bronze Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 9:52 PM

I love the Vicks Speed Read. It takes a temp in 6 or 8 seconds. I have a one yr old & I still take them rectally so I wanted somthing fast so I wasn't sitting there with a thermometer up her butt for 5 mins. lol. I'm also a certified vet tech & I use those at work for the same reason. I've heard mixed things about the acuracy of those temple & ear thermometers. Mabey ask your pedi's advice on how acurate they are.

countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 10:07 PM

I'm no help. Out of all the expensive thermometers we bought our cheap one from Walgreen's is the only one that's held up all these years. 

Snakecharm
by Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 7:04 AM
I like my cheap Walgreens one too. The kid has a different opinion. Lol

Quoting countrymomma81:

I'm no help. Out of all the expensive thermometers we bought our cheap one from Walgreen's is the only one that's held up all these years. 

Roserpwin32
by Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 7:44 AM
1 mom liked this
I got an exergen (sp?) thermal forehead/behind the ear one. I think it's great. It's quick and fairly accurate. My pediatrician uses them too. I noticed the hospital uses them too.
KylesMom409
by Linnette on Sep. 25, 2013 at 8:02 AM
Bump!
countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 8:22 AM

I bet he does...lol. Mine are 6 and 11 though, so we are out of the baby stage and we all use that one. 

I did have an ear one when my daughter was an infant but it wasn't worth crap so I'm no help. 

Quoting Snakecharm:

I like my cheap Walgreens one too. The kid has a different opinion. Lol

Quoting countrymomma81:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN