Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Need to make a change

Posted by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 9:10 PM
  • 24 Replies

I've been feeling like I need to make a major change in my life.  I don't know if that means a move or a change of jobs.  I don't like this feeling because it always seems to put me in a bad mood in other areas of my life.  Anyone else ever feel like this or is it just me?

by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 9:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Saharra
by Bronze Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 9:37 PM
Not me..... I dread change! Lol :) Hope you find what you are looking for!!
Tckosdk.2012
by Bronze Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 9:39 PM

I feel like that sometimes when I'm in a rut. I have that feeling more & more now too. It's because I'm a first time stay at home mom & I want to get back to work. Problem is is I can't because I can't afford daycare. It makes more sense for me to stay home with my one yr old then to pay a ton of money for daycare. I def feel stuck though & feel like a big change needs to happen.

Knightquester
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 10:25 PM

At the end of last year I started to get the feeling like major changes in our life would happen.  My husband then learned that his work was relocating and will need to have a decision by the beginning of 2014 on if he'll be relocating with them, or finding another job.  At the start of this year a very good friend, and my children's godfather, passed away.  We've had a few other losses, some medical things that have come up, of course car and other such financial issues so far this year.

It's been one of those years where it's been one thing after another and we know that it will most likely stay this way until we have settled on where my husband will be working and where we're living.  Instead of worrying or getting upset I've just decided to go with it and handle things as they happen.  Life is short and I don't feel like spending even one of my years feeling constantly stressed and on edge, regardless if there are times where I wonder just where all these changes will lead all of us.

valrubio
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 10:27 PM

Yes, my big change at 30 was going back to school.

.Peaches.
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 10:37 PM

Change is good.

MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 1:50 AM

Often.  I cut or dye my hair, change up my daily routines, mix up my exercises and/or diet.  Take some St Johns Wort, which helps with mild depression and/or Relora, which blocks the stress hormone, cortisol.

camocountrymom
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 1:57 AM
You just sound restless. Like maybe you feel stuck in some aspect of your life and don't know how to fix it. I get that way. You just have to deal with the issue head on. Confront realistically whatever is bothering you and you will start feeling some relief and relaxing.
KylesMom409
by Linnette on Sep. 25, 2013 at 8:23 AM
I made a career change 6 years ago and while it was hard at first, both money wise and hard on my and DH's marriage, I don't regret it.
Pnukey
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 9:30 AM

Change can be good. I had that feeling for years. So, we moved from CA to OK, and I changed from teaching elementary to teaching middle school. I'm so much happier now!

LuvHugs429
by Gold Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 9:36 AM

I keep going back and forth about going back to school to become a Nurse but two years ago I wasted $3,000 on online courses that I didn't even come close to finishing. I felt completely awful about it. I will not but I feel bad because I never got into a "Career" and I always promised myself I would and put myself and family in a good place and not do what my Mom did taking crappy jobs and living pay check to pay check but that didn't happen. Now I just feel too busy and really need to put my kids first before myself. Always did regret not going back to school before I had kids and had plenty of time to go back.

Owner of Groups:

http://www.cafemom.com/group/114224  May 2005 Kids

http://www.cafemom.com/group/114223 September 2002 kids

http://www.cafemom.com/group/116341 Once Upon A Time (TV Series)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN