Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Are you tired? Exhausted?

Posted by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 10:21 PM
  • 78 Replies
Why? What is your day like?
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 10:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.Peaches.
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 10:36 PM

Yes, because its a been a busy and long day, made even longer by my accident-proneness.

countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 10:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Always. Because we have two kids plus an exchange student that are all active in sports and other activities, plus as a family we are always doing something. Having sleep apnea and being morbidly obese doesn't help. Neither does having diabetes and a Vitamin D deficiency. 

Monday - Friday I wake up at 6:30, get DD up and off to school. Every day except Wednesday I go with SIL to a deli and we sit outside and eat our breakfast. Then we go run whatever errands need to be ran. I usually get home around noon. I finish whatever laundry I didn't do that morning and do my cleaning routine. At 2:00 I leave and go wait for DS at school (he rides the bus from my aunt's house because he's in a different school district but I go get him from school) then we go sit and wait for Daniel (exchange student) to finish Cross Country practice. By that time it's 3:30 so we rush home and wait for DD to get off the bus at 3:45. Then we change out of school clothes, get snacks ready and get homework done. 

Here's where the schedule changes daily. 

Monday - DD has hip hop from 4-5. (On this day she and I do homework after dancing). 
Tuesday - DD has ballet & tap from 5:30-6:30 and DS has football practice from 6-7:30.
Wednesday - This is the dayWe go to church from 6:30-8:15.
Thursday - DS has football practice fom6-7:30 and DD has cheer from 6:15-7:00.
Friday nights are family time and can be spent at football games, eating out and doing some shopping or whatever else we want.
Saturdays are DS's football games that DD cheers for and Daniel's Cross Country meets. Sundays are church and relax days.  

So most days it's late before we get home and with only having a 1 bathroom house it's sometimes 9:30 before I can even take a bath. I've been putting supper in the slow cooker to save some time and we bought a dishwasher to save time on that as well. But doing at least 2 loads of laundry per day, taking care of a husband and 3 kids plus a dog, well it gets tiring. I know that if I didn't have all this to do though, I'd get bored out of my mind. Usually I have summers to recover from the busy year but this summer went by way too fast. 

Sophie1106
by Paula on Sep. 25, 2013 at 12:42 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes because I'm sick with a cold. And Tuesday is always our busiest day since dd has both ballet and soccer.
mrsary
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 12:48 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes. If I am awake I am tired. Having small kids drives me crazy!
melissa632
by Melissa on Sep. 25, 2013 at 12:50 AM
Exhausted!!! It has nothing to do with my day. I'm just so tired all the time. Yet, I cannot sleep :(
yryssa1
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 12:57 AM
2 moms liked this
This is me. And when I do actually get a decent nights sleep, I'm still tired :( I feel ya!

Quoting melissa632:

Exhausted!!! It has nothing to do with my day. I'm just so tired all the time. Yet, I cannot sleep :(
MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 1:09 AM

I work nights, come home and get my 3 yr old ready for school, have some breakfast, walk the dog, try and get a morning nap in, pick up my 3 yr old from part-time pre-school at Noon, run errands, chores, walk to pick up my 5 yr old, get them both down for nap so I can nap, get dinner ready and homework started, pick up house/laundry, trying and get last nap before work.  Average sleep=less than 5 hours per day in 3 naps  : / Still trying to re-work my daytime hours to fit in more sleep.

MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 1:11 AM

Quoting melissa632:

You should maybe look into your diet so you get more of the much needed vitamins such as Omega 3, Vitamin D, B12 and iron, which help with energy.  Melatonin can also help you fall asleep easier.

MormonMom3
by Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 1:11 AM

I just had a baby in June. It was a very difficult and painful pregnancy. I have not recovered but because of my husband's work schedule I don't get a lot of rest. I have 3 kids, none of them are old enough for school yet so I'm up bright and early taking care of my two oldest and I'm up all night tending to my newborn.

I feel sick all the time. I feel tired all the time. I'm at the point where I lose my temper over the tiniest things. All I want to do is sleep and yet when I do actually get a few hours sleep, I wake up with the worst migraine and nausea.

What I do during the day? Wash clothes, play with my kids, take care of my newborn, bathe the kids, brush their teeth, fold and put away clothes, clean the floors, clean the kitchen, cook breakfast, cook lunch and cook dinner, dust and then I get online to work on my business.

melissa632
by Melissa on Sep. 25, 2013 at 1:16 AM
Thanks! I'll look into diet. I probably am lacking in some vitamins. I'm also going to try the melatonin. You're not the first person to suggest that. Are there any morning side effects with that?

Quoting MixedCooke:

Quoting melissa632:

You should maybe look into your diet so you get more of the much needed vitamins such as Omega 3, Vitamin D, B12 and iron, which help with energy.  Melatonin can also help you fall asleep easier.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)