Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

ABC Mouse

Posted by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 2:48 PM
  • 11 Replies

Have your kids used it? What do you think?

by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 2:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stephiebugg
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 3:01 PM
1 mom liked this

They have a free months trial. We are still in our free trial. I may keep it another few months or longer. It's only $8 a month (okay, $7.95 or something, but whatever LOL).
My youngest (3 and a half) likes it and seems to be learning a lot from it, but she's not very good with the mouse so I have to do that part for her, which kind of stinks because there's parts where she's supposed to color in pictures and I have to do that for her.  
My 6 year old is in first grade and all she wants to do is buy stuff with her virtual tickets and play with her virtual pet hamster. It's okay though, most of the material she already knows from school, she's in the highest level of lessons available, so she won't be able to use it (to learn anyway) for much longer.

LivinDeadGurl
by Maranda on Sep. 28, 2013 at 12:02 AM
1 mom liked this

I haven't tried it, but I am thinking about it.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Sep. 28, 2013 at 2:22 PM

Nope.

e-doolittle
by Kelly on Sep. 28, 2013 at 2:39 PM
1 mom liked this

we tried the free stuff DS didn't care for it.  I think the paid area is supposed to be better.

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Sep. 28, 2013 at 3:20 PM
1 mom liked this

We did the free trial during the summer.  My 6 year old dd liked it, but she's really too old for it.

mjimaging
by Melissa on Sep. 28, 2013 at 5:59 PM
I hadn't heard of it. But we don't have Internet so it wouldn't work for us.
diaperstodating
by Angel on Sep. 28, 2013 at 6:02 PM

No.

mommybug77
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 9:21 AM
Didn't care for what was offered free
LLisaA
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 9:30 AM

My son liked it, but we have PBS kids right now and it seems a little better (more polished games).

My main problem with ABC mouse was that the lessons were incredibly basic, my son had fun with them but I can't claim he learned anything he didn't already know (and I had him operating above his grade level and it was STILL too easy.  My kid's smart, but I won't say that's the reason - the lessons are designed for the lowest common denominator and that's great if your little one is just beginning to learn, and the games were fun for my son, but don't think that your kid will be ahead of the curve just from using ABC Mouse).

A tip though - if you sign up and like it you can cancel and then they send you an email special offer with a reduced price to rejoin, so you can save a few bucks every month if you don't mind playing the part of the uninterested consumer for a few weeks.

HeathersRich
by Silver Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 9:48 AM
We are on our trial. Becca just turned 3 in August. She begs for ABC mouse. However we too have an issue using the mouse. Ours is a lap top mouse. She has an issue with moving the mouse and clicking at the same time. Wish they had it on kindle so she could just do touch screen.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN