Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Does anyone have Endometriosis, or more specific Incisional Endometriosis?

Posted by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:24 AM
  • 3 Replies

I started having the incredible pain in my right side every month with my menstrual cycle. I saw a doctor for something unrelated to this but I told her about it and she started poking around at the mass in my side which she said was 6 cm BTW . She was also convinced that it was endometriosis and referred me to the surgical clinic. which I was never able to go to. Well Now I am in the process of trying to get SSI for this and other stuff I have going on and I was seen by a doctor for my claim and he made the comment of "Its odd that the mass is located in only one spot but asked me if the mass had gotten bigger than 6 cm". Well I ended up googleing my symptoms and came across Incisional Endometriosis which sounds exactly like what I have.

Which is caused by C-sections . My problem started shortly after my youngest was born by C-section and it never fails right before or shortly after I start the pain starts and I can barely walk or move for that matter for about 2 weeks or so. Nothing has helped with the pain. I used to take Ibuprofen's or something but that didn't help for long then I tried vicodin and that only dulled the pain but didn't really help.

I am wanting to know if there is anyone else with this issue and if so what do you do about the pain etc. I know that sevarity of pain is different for everyone but Mine pretty much feels like my right ovary is being squished ,stomped on, and whatever else you can imagine. The pain is excruciating for me.

by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
gmoen1977
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:30 AM

I have endo in many places including the bowels.  every surgery i have it gets worse.  Ask if they will do what is called a lap n zap.  they go in with a lazer and zap the spots and it should help.  the reson for the endo in your case sounds like the uterine tissue became atttached to the c-section scar and every cycle that too grows with your cycles.  its not fun as all.  i used to take bextra until it was pulled off the market.  only thing that helped me. i could take 1600 mg of IB, yes that number is correct, prescribed and it would dull the pain.  now what i learned was that during my first 24-36 hours in my cycle when i bled i took the IB tethered myself to a heating pad on high heat (vintage non auto off ones found at estate sales.) and relax.  no living kids.  since my miscarriage though i have been able to go with tylenol only and no heat.  not even having to take a hot shower.

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Oct. 1, 2013 at 11:19 PM

Bump!

Angelmevans
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 3:24 AM
I struggled with endometriousis for many years. I had the surgery to clean it and the goy pregnant not to long after surgery. I eventually had a hyst after the youngest was born.

Regarding the pain I alsways used Aleve and calcium do to these help the muscles from spasming. I do see there is a medication or going to be a medication. Seek a obgyn who specializes in it
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)