Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Candy, candy, candy!

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 9:29 AM
  • 18 Replies

Will you be giving out candy on Halloween?  What are your favorites?

by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 9:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kourtneya
by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 10:33 AM
1 mom liked this

We will be for the first time this year. I love most anything chocolate.

12yrmama
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 10:53 AM
1 mom liked this

I try to get two options... one for big kids (big lolipops with tootsie roll or gum inside, skittles, laffy taffy, popcorn balls, etc) and then something for little kids (goldfish, pretzels, fruit candy).

It's always dissappointing to bring home candy your toddler can't even eat. And I don't bother with chocolate anymore because we would eat it before Halloween :/

zadesmom1998
by Windy-Dawn on Oct. 5, 2013 at 10:56 AM
1 mom liked this
We get twix, starburst and kit kats. My kids enjoy those and that way if there is any left over they can have them for snacks
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Oct. 5, 2013 at 1:55 PM

We don't hand out candy since we are in the country and don't have trick or treaters. We do take our sons into town to trick or treat.

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Oct. 5, 2013 at 1:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah, I know what you mean.  When my dd first went trick or treating she ended up with a lot of gum, hard candy and things that she couldn't eat.

Quoting 12yrmama:

I try to get two options... one for big kids (big lolipops with tootsie roll or gum inside, skittles, laffy taffy, popcorn balls, etc) and then something for little kids (goldfish, pretzels, fruit candy).

It's always dissappointing to bring home candy your toddler can't even eat. And I don't bother with chocolate anymore because we would eat it before Halloween :/

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Oct. 5, 2013 at 1:58 PM

We don't get any trick or treaters since we live on a country road with no sidewalks.

CountryGrlAtHrt
by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 4:25 PM
No we live in a apartment complex we get no trick or treaters we are not even home anyways.My favorites are mounds,almond joy,Hershey and I love gummy candies,non sour ones
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jaysmommy32
by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 5:16 PM
1 mom liked this
IF me and DF don't venture out for halloween then we will attempt to pass out candy. Last year we brought a ton of candy and only 2 little groups of trick or treaters came to our building. We live in a complex now with a load of kids so we will see.

My favorite Candy is Peanut M&M's and DF's is twizzlers so those will most certainly be apart of the treats just incase the kids in the complex don't TOT afterall
CampClan
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 5:49 PM

Never do. I have kids to take trick or treating. No one is ever home to do it.

diaperstodating
by Angel on Oct. 5, 2013 at 6:06 PM
1 mom liked this

No I won't, but my oldest son will while I trick or treat with my younger sons.

My favorite? Anything chocolate without nuts.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN