Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bad Morning - Please Pray! - FINAL UPDATE

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:05 AM
  • 39 Replies

Although my dd is 12 years old, I still wait at the bus stop with her every morning, not that she's all that happy about it, but you just never know!  There's a group of kids they all wait together, my dd is friends with them all.  Every morning this one girl crosses the street to go to 7-11, it's an every day thing.  I hate that road, it's a busy road and even I don't like to cross it.  My dd knows she's not allowed to cross it and for good reason.

This morning her friend got hit by a car while all of the kids watched including my dd.  They told me where the girl lives so I headed down the street and found her grandmother, needless to say it wasn't a pleasant conversation.

She took a pretty bad hit, so if you call all pray that she will be ok I know my dd would appreciate it.

Thanks ladies!

UPDATE***

I don't know much, but I do know that she was transported to a very good trama center and she's in critical but stable condition.  If I learn anything more I'll let you all know.

**2ND UPDATE**  Please continue to pray for her.

I found out while she was unconscious laying on the ground she had some seizures, she may have some internal bleeding and there was a very large bulge up towards her hip.  Other then that not much else has been relayed to any of us.

The kids are still upset, but the school is doing a great job, yesterday they had them meet with the counsulor and the principal spoke with them, and it will be an on going thing, there doors are open if any of the kids need to talk any more.  

My dd seems to be doing ok I spoke with her last night when I got home and again this morning I spoke with her and her best friend while we were waiting for the bus.  They both seem to be doing ok.

This definitely scared my dd, she told me she now understands why I seem to be a little over protective at times, and that she'd like me to wait with her at the bus stop until high school!  I also don't ever have to worry about her crossing that road, both my dd and her bff said there is no way either one of them will be crossing that road, ever!  It just sucks that it took something like this to show them that us mom's know what we are talking about.

**FINAL UPDATE**

I wanted to give you ladies the final update.  My dd informed me that her friend will be coming home from the hospital today.  She will not be returning to school for a little while since the doctors have her on bed rest.  I am happy to say she's going to make a full recovery, although she got banged up pretty good, she's just still really sore, has a bunch of pretty nasty bumps and bruises but nothing is broken!  There's no permanent damage.

Thank you all for your prayers...

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HeathersRich
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:11 AM
I hope she'll recover fully and quickly. That had to be rough to see. Now your dd won't mind so much that your at the bus stop with her every morning. That's a tough way to learn a lesson. :(
lalasmama2007
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:12 AM

How awful!  I hope she's okay!

Briesmom38
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:20 AM

It was horrible.  My dd called me from school she's in tears, apparently all the kids that were on the bus saw it too, so they were all upset and calling home.

Definitely a very tough way for my dd to learn, but now she'll know exactly why I don't want her near that road.

Quoting HeathersRich:

I hope she'll recover fully and quickly. That had to be rough to see. Now your dd won't mind so much that your at the bus stop with her every morning. That's a tough way to learn a lesson. :(

Briesmom38
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:22 AM

Thank you

Quoting lalasmama2007:

How awful!  I hope she's okay!

mjimaging
by Melissa on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:26 AM
I know that can be traumatic for kids to see. My dad got hit on his motorcycle and my moms daycare kids were in the car behind him. It was hard on them. Hopefully she will be ok. Have they said the extent of her injuries.
3sun1Angelgrl
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:30 AM
Ooh no..prayers... I'm sorry that's sad
Briesmom38
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:36 AM

My dd is definitely tramatized she's already called me crying.  No, not yet.  Hopefully later I'll be able to get an update.

I'm sorry about your dad, I hope he was ok.

Quoting mjimaging:

I know that can be traumatic for kids to see. My dad got hit on his motorcycle and my moms daycare kids were in the car behind him. It was hard on them. Hopefully she will be ok. Have they said the extent of her injuries.

KendallsMommee
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:37 AM
Oh no!

My prayers are with her...
Saharra
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:40 AM
Praying for everybody involved :(
mjimaging
by Melissa on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:57 AM
He had lots of injuries but he is fine. A lady ran a red light. This was many years ago now, back when I was in sixth grade. Keep us updated. Hopefully she will be ok.

Quoting Briesmom38:

My dd is definitely tramatized she's already called me crying.  No, not yet.  Hopefully later I'll be able to get an update.

I'm sorry about your dad, I hope he was ok.

Quoting mjimaging:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)