Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

American Girl Dolls only $60...

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:37 AM
  • 18 Replies

Poll

Question: Did you always want an American Girl Doll when you were little?

Options:

YES!

Not really.

Had one!

Didn't know about them until I was older.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 27

View Results

Finally, somewhat affordable. Still won't buy one.

Just thought I would post this in case anyone was interested!

NOLA Collections 10.9.13

American Girl Marie-Grace and Cecile Special Occasion Collections

Retail price: $162 to $168
Discount price: $60
Percent discount: 60 percent off!
Discount code: JILLFALL
(To purchase the American Girl collections, click on one of the two links above. Enter the discount code on the landing page and click enter. From there, you’ll be able to order your items at the discounted price.)

American Girl is offering two of their Special Occasion Collections:

• Marie-Grace Special Occasion Collection (includes Marie-Grace doll, book, Meet Accessories, and Party Outfit): Marie-Grace doll is 18” tall with light skin, aquamarine eyes, and long brown hair styled in braids and tied back with ribbons. She arrives in a plaid taffeta dress trimmed with lace, white pantalettes, knee-length stockings, and two-tone boots, and comes with a “Meet Marie-Grace” paperback book. Marie-Grace’s Party Outfit includes a sateen jacket trimmed with ribbons and lace, a striped skirt to match, and gathered pantalettes and a hair ribbon. Marie-Grace’s Accessories Set includes a wide-brimmed hat with ribbons that tie under her chin, a heart locket, and a lacy fan.
  • Cecile Special Occasion Collection (includes Cecile doll, book, Meet Accessories, and Special Dress): Cécile is 18” tall with dark skin, hazel eyes, and dark brown ringlets tied with ribbons. She arrives in a satin dress adorned with rosettes, white pantalettes, knee-length stockings, and black boots, and comes with a “Meet Cécile” paperback book. Cecile’s Accessories Set includes a teal hat trimmed with a bow, a necklace with a pearly pendant, and dainty white gloves. Cecile’s Special Dress features a delicate posy print, a wide neckline with three rows of velveteen ribbon, and a white rosette at the waist. Matching ribbons to sweep back her curls and a pretty pearly necklace are also included.

American Girl says the product will arrive in two weeks at an estimated shipping cost of $8.95 (Shipping price decreases with each additional unit). All sales are final. For more information and to buy the $162 to $168 product for $60, click here.

*edited to add a poll option.

Domain of the Mad Mommy
(rambling about kids, cooking and life)

by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Raeann11
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:21 AM
1 mom liked this

I never knew they excited when I was little. The first time I heard about them was when my second was born. I personally could not spend that much money on a Doll. I would never let my kids touch or play with it and why have a Doll that just sits there.

I did not vote. Since there was nothing for never heard of them.

Briesmom38
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I never knew about them when I was little.  I only found out about them when I had my dd.  She has five of them, but she's now at an age where she doesn't really play with them and she definitely doesn't want any more.

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

bizkit_fanky
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Didnt know about them as a kid....She is a tomboy, and has very few dolls

HeathersRich
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:32 PM
1 mom liked this
My Becca just got her first for her 3rd birthday instead of a party. That is some great prices however, I want a Rebecca for my Becca and don't have the money right now and of course she wouldn't be one of the ones on sale.
esox
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:33 PM
1 mom liked this

I was in love with dolls as a kid. I think I finally stopped playing with them when I was about 13 (don't judge me!) My oldest sister had a bunch of the books but I never knew they had actual dolls. My favorites growing up were Gerber Babies with the shifty eyes. 

As an adult I love buying my neices american girl doll stuff. My mother is so excited to finally have granddaughters. One of the first things out of her mouth was "Oh goodie!! Now we can go to the American Girl store!!" 

CountryGrlAtHrt
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes I loved these when I was a Kid,I would get these magazines with the dolls and all those cool accesories way to much money in my opinion,I would not buy one for my DD seeing as she does not know how to take care of her toys properly and I know that if I did purchase one then the doll would not be played with the doll would just sit there,however it's nice to see they are affordable I know there are a lot of little girls out there who love these dolls.

CountryGrlAtHrt
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I had some of the Books too

Quoting esox:

I was in love with dolls as a kid. I think I finally stopped playing with them when I was about 13 (don't judge me!) My oldest sister had a bunch of the books but I never knew they had actual dolls. My favorites growing up were Gerber Babies with the shifty eyes. 

As an adult I love buying my neices american girl doll stuff. My mother is so excited to finally have granddaughters. One of the first things out of her mouth was "Oh goodie!! Now we can go to the American Girl store!!" 

mrsary
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Idk those dolls are that serious! My daughter isn't into them.
mrsary
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:55 PM
1 mom liked this
When I was growing up American Girls were Felicity and I forgot the others. They were only in books back then.
Dabberdoo
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:58 PM
1 mom liked this
If they existed when I was a child, I didn't know. My older girls have one each from the last time they were on sale. And my oldest earned an American Girl shopping spree through her school so she actually has two. They are superior quality dolls. My twins will get one each when they are a bit older and hopefully we'll be able to take advantage of one of these sales for them. I refuse to pay full price for them.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)