Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I feel lost...

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:12 PM
  • 1 Replies

I am a 35 year old married sahm of two boys 5 & 8. They are in 3rd grade and kindergarten.

I couldn't wait for my kindergarten to start school this year. He goes in the afternoon so it gives me extra time than I had when he was in preschool last year. So I have exactley 3 hours and 10 minutes to myself every afternoon.

It started out really nice and while I enjoy having time to myself I feel guilty for not doing too much.

I have organized, dusted, polished, washed, folded, seperated etc.. everything and anything there is in this house and yet everyday I still find that things get easily messed up and out of order so I repeat whatever process needs done. Its truly the definition of insanity.

I even managed to get all my Christmas shopping done for the boys, dh and other family members. I've even wrapped them and have them put away. What else is there left for me to do?

Don't get me wrong, I do leave the house and run errands with my 5 year old before school, I go to the gym for classes twice a week in the morning but other than that I dont have anywhere to be. I do my grocery shopping every Monday afternoon and save my Target, Walmart runs for the afternoon as well. I meet my friend for lunch once a week and I may throw in a playdate once a week in the morning too. But in the afternoon I just have so much time. Oh and I do prepare dinner too so its ready when everyone gets home and I may take a walk around the neighborhood. I just feel guilty for not having too much to do. I am good with the friends I have but meeting new people is always nice but again, I am not in search of anybody. Does that make sense? I am ok with being at home but feel like I am doing something wrong. I feel guilty that my husband is hard at work or there are working moms out there working and I'm watching my dvr'd shows while I eat my lunch in peace in the afternoon. I don't have any hobbies like knitting, scrapping booking etc..and I haven't found anything that appeals to me. I did join that gym and started personal training  in May and REALLY enjoy working out. I recently stopped personal training and started taking two different classes twice a week at the same place. So I do suppose working out is my hobby :) 

I don't know if there are other sahm's in the same boat as me.. I have plans to volunteer next year once my son is in school all day a few days a week at our local community outreach center. There is nothing there at the moment -time wise- that would work with my afternoons. :(
Oh and I do volunteer once a month at my son's school.

I just want to know that I'm not alone.. I guess...

by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
VintageWife
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:16 PM

LOL...take up learning a new hobby I guess. Always wanted to learn the guitar or a new language? Now you have time!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)